Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

posting pictures

Old 12-26-20, 08:41 AM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
posting pictures

One of the things I've hated about this site is the successful efforts put into discouraging people from posting pictures. I realize how trivial this is in the big scheme of things, but I'd like to use this site to post a picture to another member and am once again looking for information on how to do this. The sticky on the subject here was closed in 2014, and the latest recommendations there don't work. Where are the current instructions for posting pictures hiden?
Old 12-26-20, 09:51 AM
FBOATSB

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 514 Times in 343 Posts
Don't ask me, I think I broke the gallery
https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...5-gallery.html
Likes For FBOATSB:
Old 12-26-20, 09:52 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,316 Times in 2,701 Posts
Manage attachments
Old 12-26-20, 09:55 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 617 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
One of the things I've hated about this site is the successful efforts put into discouraging people from posting pictures. I realize how trivial this is in the big scheme of things, but I'd like to use this site to post a picture to another member and am once again looking for information on how to do this. The sticky on the subject here was closed in 2014, and the latest recommendations there don't work. Where are the current instructions for posting pictures hiden?
Click on The Paper Clip. Take it from there.

Old 12-26-20, 10:05 AM
FBOATSB

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 514 Times in 343 Posts
If you are referring to sending pics via the PM function I haven't been able to do that since the last big update. I think you can PM links to photos though. You can send pics to members via email if they have the "receive email" function enabled on their control panel.
Old 12-26-20, 01:41 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Maybe it's more the hosting site that the pics are at that is the issue. Sites that require you to sign into might consider your pics private and not let anyone else see them. If that site has a "share" function, use the URL that it can generate to put pics into your posts here. But even with that, some pic hosting sites just don't work well with BF and other forums. So in that instance, use another hosting site.

But if you are specifically asking about sending pics via PM's, private messaging, I have not tried for several years. But I used the same linking tools that are available today for public messages.

If nothing else just send the URL to get to the pics. Unless the SPAM filters are different for PM's, you have plenty of posts to attach pics and links in your messages.
Old 12-28-20, 08:23 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Posting photos in a thread simply requires you to click on the "Post Card" icon, next to the smiley face in the text editor. Some people mentioned the "paperclip" icon, but that is not on the recommended text editor. PMs can contain links to photos, but we do not host them, since they may be private and we don't want them showing up in your galleries.