Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Mostra Scambio Imola

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Mostra Scambio Imola

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-19, 06:08 PM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3011 Post(s)
Liked 3,788 Times in 1,405 Posts
Mostra Scambio Imola

So last weekend was Centenario Coppi, the previous weekend I was in Milano. On Saturday I attended the mostra scambio Imola and Sunday I went for a ride.

Last year I went to the mostra scambio Novegro in Milano and I was told that the Imola swap is better. Now I may be biased because I attended Imola alone and had the pleasure of attending Novegro with friends, but I found Novegro to be a better show than Imola. Don’t get me wrong, if you are looking for a particular Italian part, it will be at Imola. The sheer size is staggering. It is on the Dino Ferrari racetrack which is 5km long. Figure a vendor every 5 meters, on both sides of the track, you have 2,000 vendors. But 98% is motorcycles, 1% automobiles and 1% is bikes. So figure 20-ish vendors with only bikes and parts. At Novegro I thought there was a better selection of complete bikes and I thought there were more parts.

Either way, I would recommend attending to anyone. You can ride a bike from Milano’s center to Novegro. For Imola, I took a train from Milano Centrale to Bolagna Centrale to Imola. Walked about a mile to the track. I took 2 laps around the track, walked back to the train. Google says I walked 12 miles that day.

I really wasn’t looking for anything in particular, although I am interested in a bike with a first gen cambio corsa, didn’t see one. But I did get some Stella spokes for what I thought to be a good deal and a cast diablo that mounts to your front fender. I thought about getting some solid axle FB hubs, but from a half dozen different vendors, prices were 80-100 euro a set for rider condition. While it may be the market price, it was more than I wanted to pay.

Sunday’s ride was entirely on off-topic bikes in an on-topic town. You can ride along the navigli (canals) to get into the country. Last year I rode up the Madonna della Ghisallo, so I wanted to do something different. I did see Gianni Bugno’s childhood home. And when I got back to Milano, there was a display on via Dante on the Castello Sforzesco end celebrating Coppi’s centenario, a nice connection to my party.

Swap pictures – https://www.flickr.com/photos/681231...57710890071037

Ride pictures – https://www.flickr.com/photos/681231...57710889543476
Likes For iab:
Old 09-17-19, 06:39 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 533 Posts
Thanks for posting the links to your pics!
Just startedooking at them and noticed the very unusual faired Munch motorcycle. Never saw one of those configured as such, must be a custom fairing? Could barely recognize it a Munch as their Mammuts usually look like tanks. The cast magnesium rear wheel is what gave it away for me.
Also noticed the cool, old AGV helmets on the table.
I have one similar to the red and white one that has the electric cooling/heating feature as used by Scott Russel in Daytona for the Superbike series. Nice idea, but the water filled pad inside the helmet tended to leak and corrode the electrics, plus the price was ridiculously expensive so the helmet did not last too long in the market. I bought mine as a non-functioning NOS, some years ago, just as a conversation piece.

Last edited by Chombi1; 09-17-19 at 06:44 PM.