Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bibs with pockets, less $$$ than Rapha?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bibs with pockets, less $$$ than Rapha?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-19, 05:57 PM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
What if they fall out?

I lost my debit card a few months ago while riding. Had it in the same (jersey) pocket as my phone. Garmin said I had an important text so I stopped to check and didn't notice my card come out with the phone and fall to the ground. I only noticed when I got home. Took most of a week to get a replacement, and was a big hassle. My fault, of course, and I'm not repeating that error. But I'm also looking for ways to make my stupidity less likely to bite me in the ass.
Tight shorts with a gripper band? Not happening. I remember doing this with a key and a little folding money on training rides in the days before I owned enough jerseys to last a med/grad student’s laundry interval. Never lost anything and shorts weren’t as secure in those days. I’ve done it more recently with my PIV card for work.
Old 08-09-19, 06:07 PM
teejaywhy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman
$100. Seeing what Rapha charges, I think this is still quite a bargain.

If lucky, the new owner will also be the recipient of a couple old granola bar wrappers in the pockets. And perhaps a slightly off, vague smell or two.
Shipping included, right?
Old 08-09-19, 07:00 PM
Abe_Froman

Bikes: Marin Four Corners, 1960's Schwinn Racer in middle of restoration, mid 70s Motobecane Grand Touring, various other heaps.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 9347 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by teejaywhy
Shipping included, right?
Only with orders over $110. You're going to have to add some old socks to your order, or one of my 5yr olds drawings
Likes For Abe_Froman:
Old 08-09-19, 07:34 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
What if they fall out?

I lost my debit card a few months ago while riding. Had it in the same (jersey) pocket as my phone. Garmin said I had an important text so I stopped to check and didn't notice my card come out with the phone and fall to the ground. I only noticed when I got home. Took most of a week to get a replacement, and was a big hassle. My fault, of course, and I'm not repeating that error. But I'm also looking for ways to make my stupidity less likely to bite me in the ass.
This is why I rarely, if ever wear jerseys without a zippered security pocket.

It is one of the first things I look for when shopping and won't even waste time looking at one without.

I lost everything once - car and house keys, money, credit cards and drivers license. It isn't happening again.

-Tim-
Old 08-10-19, 11:28 AM
teejaywhy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman
Only with orders over $110. You're going to have to add some old socks to your order, or one of my 5yr olds drawings
Aww forget it then.