Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

My E+ review

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

My E+ review

Old 08-16-19, 06:16 AM
Metal Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I now have over 23,000 miles on the Big Dummy. Most of that was with the E Plus system, but it now has a Bafang mid drive which works pretty good. Wow, almost 100,000 views on this thread though.

Last edited by Metal Man; 08-16-19 at 11:37 AM.
Likes For Metal Man:
Old 08-21-19, 10:19 AM
kauaikit

Bikes: 13 Tidalforce (+1 M750 E+) ebikes, 19 EVG ebikes, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 1 eZip trail, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Firedog91902 View Post
Monte,

Wrandry is right the pins can be removed from the plastic connector housing without cutting the wires. Use the tip of an exacto knife to gently pry up the plastic spring that keeps the pins in place. The wire with the pin should slide out. Once out of the hub, check that the barb on metal connector isn't pushed in. Slide it back in the housing and the plastic spring against the barb will keep it in place.

When you were here I told you that upper board you brought was fried, I also mentioned it post #523 . I knew you had another board or 2. Sorry you got stuck getting those boards out of the hub. You don't give up and that's how you learn.

FYI, my E+ with the Lithium batteries is working beautifully but I may sell it. I ran across some 36V 14.5ah rear rack batteries (10s5p) very cheap. I'll probably use one of those when I sell. I think tool batteries is a better approach but they aren't free and most buyers would like a more standard ebike battery.
Hey Firedog.....I'm now only getting around 1 1/2 miles on the original E+ battery hub on the bike I purchased on eBay and also using your charger that you sold them. I swapped this battery & rear rub to my other E+ (DOA) which is on the Montague Paratrooper frame. And yep, it's time for the conversion to lithium! :-)

You mentioned above "but I may sell it", was that the complete eBike bike or just the battery? What frame is your E+ on?

I'm located 7 miles East of the L.A. Fairgrounds in Montclair (91763).

Thanks.

Kit
Old 08-21-19, 04:19 PM
Firedog91902

Bikes: Univega Superstrada, Serrota, Santana tandem, E plus

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kauaikit View Post
Hey Firedog.....I'm now only getting around 1 1/2 miles on the original E+ battery hub on the bike I purchased on eBay and also using your charger that you sold them. I swapped this battery & rear rub to my other E+ (DOA) which is on the Montague Paratrooper frame. And yep, it's time for the conversion to lithium! :-)

You mentioned above "but I may sell it", was that the complete eBike bike or just the battery? What frame is your E+ on?

I'm located 7 miles East of the L.A. Fairgrounds in Montclair (91763).

Thanks.

Kit

Kit,

I plan to sell my complete bike with 36V21ah lithium battery

I'd be happy to convert your Eplus to Lithium or give you instructions to do it yourself. i'm in Bonita 91902 near San Diego, but currently on 2 month RV/ebike trip across US and Canada. In Saint John, NB the last few days. Should be home end of Sept. Contact me then if still interested. I give you a detailed quote.

I use and sell 18v10.5ah tool Batteries (Makita mount) for lots of reasons; mainly low cost ($80 ea). 2 in series give 36v and more ah than the original NiMH front hub battery. If you'd rather, any 36v ebike battery capable of 30A continuous will work as long as you can figure out a mount.
Likes For Firedog91902:
Old 08-22-19, 06:54 PM
Jmac513

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kit,

I'd be happy to convert your Eplus to Lithium or give you instructions to do it yourself. i'm in Bonita 91902 near San Diego, but currently on 2 month RV/ebike trip across US and Canada. In Saint John, NB the last few days. Should be home end of Sept. Contact me then if still interested. I give you a detailed quote.

I use and sell 18v10.5ah tool Batteries (Makita mount) for lots of reasons; mainly low cost ($80 ea). 2 in series give 36v and more ah than the original NiMH front hub battery. If you'd rather, any 36v ebike battery capable of 30A continuous will work as long as you can figure out a mount.
If you pass by NYC let me know I just bought what looks to be a brand new Eplus in sleep mode. Want to upgrade to lithium and get it going Iíd be happy to pay you.
Old 08-27-19, 12:51 PM
kauaikit

Bikes: 13 Tidalforce (+1 M750 E+) ebikes, 19 EVG ebikes, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 1 eZip trail, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kit,

Ok....FYI, I've got 12 of the original Wavecrest Labs Tidalforce ebikes and have converted most to 26" disc front wheel w/Avid BB-7 calipers, installed B battery jumper, updated w/lithium, and have too figured out battery locations on the different frames. :-)

Thank you.

Kit
Old 09-04-19, 07:49 PM
Jmac513

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kit,

Do you have a link to these batteries? Iíd like to pick some up.
Old 09-12-19, 04:44 PM
topspeedster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's a lot of miles!
Old 10-13-19, 03:19 PM
powell

Bikes: E+ kit, BIONX

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

hi all.
I am just reporting on my EPLUS.
I have reached over 34, 000 kilometers on my EPLUS.
again
my EPLUS had not been without problems.
I think the biggest was display/controller.
I rebuilt it twice.
second time I used quality water-proof tactile switches with wonderful click action, you can hear it.
no more pressing POWER ON switch 2-3 times to power my EPLUS.
many would blame EPLUS electronics for this or say that "my EPLUS died"

Last edited by powell; 10-13-19 at 03:39 PM.
Likes For powell: