Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Infinito

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bianchi Infinito

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 07:55 PM
MichaelJH

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Infinito

I am looking at getting a new road bike and have seen some info on the Bianchi Infinito CV. It looks very interesting and I hope someone one here has one or has ridden one. I would like your opinion of the ride ie. comfort, agility, hill climbing etc.
A couple of the other bikes I am looking into include the Trek Emonda and Trek Domane.
Old 02-29-16, 08:07 PM
springs

Bikes: Emonda SLR, Salsa Warbird carbon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am very happy with mine and have put about 5k miles on it so far. I do a lot of climbing and even though it's not the lightest frame out there I think it climbs very well. I'm 5'7" and could have fit a 50 or 53 but went with the 50 as I prefer to size down rather than up. I bought the frame and built it up so it's not the same set of components that you'll get off the rack.
Old 02-29-16, 11:30 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
The Good:
It's a very comfortable but fast-performing-feeling bike. It absorbs bumps, but still gives you a lot of road feel.

The Bad:
Despite all that, the ride has a bit of a "cheap" feel. The bike feels like it's put together out of disparate parts. I don't mean the shifting or something, that's fine, but whatever they use in the frame has a feeling like it's assembled out of cobbled together plastic parts. Though - like I said - functionally it actually works very well despite that.

Compared to other bikes:
The tradeoff with other bikes is that you get a more professional feeling ride, and you get the same level of bump absorption - but you lose a lot of road feel.

Also I like the looks of the yellow, but think the bianchi-green is just butt ugly lol.
Old 03-01-16, 11:43 PM
gsa103

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito (Celeste, of course)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 77 Posts
I have the previous generation Infinito, and really love it. The ride is probably somewhere between a race bike like a Tarmac, and a Domane. I'm guessing it'll be a little smoother than the Emonda, but probably close.

I found it was the perfect balance for me.
Old 06-30-17, 03:09 AM
Grunts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
The Good:
It's a very comfortable but fast-performing-feeling bike. It absorbs bumps, but still gives you a lot of road feel.

The Bad:
Despite all that, the ride has a bit of a "cheap" feel. The bike feels like it's put together out of disparate parts. I don't mean the shifting or something, that's fine, but whatever they use in the frame has a feeling like it's assembled out of cobbled together plastic parts. Though - like I said - functionally it actually works very well despite that.

Compared to other bikes:
The tradeoff with other bikes is that you get a more professional feeling ride, and you get the same level of bump absorption - but you lose a lot of road feel.

Also I like the looks of the yellow, but think the bianchi-green is just butt ugly lol.
I wonder if you might have one of the older Infinitos now called an Intenso? I just test a 2017 Infinito CV and there was nothing that frlt "cheap" on the one I rode. It was the nicest ride I've ever had! No creaks, no rattles, just a tight easy-riding dream of a bike--and a climbing monster!
Old 06-30-17, 12:05 PM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I test rode one for a few weeks. The most memorable thing about it was the way it made ordinary pavement feel almost glassy. It's not a full bouncer, so potholes and other such bumps are as noticeable and harsh as they are on any road bike, but over cobbles and such, you don't get the handlebar buzz that you typically get. For LONG rides, this would be the bike I'd get if I wasn't happy with my current stable. I never took it out on a 100 mile ride, but I got the sense that it would be ideal - a much less fatiguing ride overall.
Meanwhile, the one I tested came with a Shimano group (Ultegra). That was the only thing I did not like about it.

Last edited by kbarch; 06-30-17 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 01:35 PM
bikejrff

Bikes: No. 22 Bicycle Great Divide, Lynskey R260, Salsa Colossal Ti, Litespeed T5, Lynskey Peloton, Bianchi Vigorelli, CAAD 10, Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, C-Dale Quick 1

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
The Good: