Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Bolt has shipped

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-17, 01:01 PM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Bolt has shipped

Can't wait to get it set up and give it a go. Also very glad I waited and didn't spring for the Elemnt, which is kind of huge.

Now if only the weather in the northeast US would cooperate and "marchuary" would end.
Old 03-24-17, 01:05 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5776 Post(s)
Liked 2,574 Times in 1,425 Posts
Are we expected to be so involved in your problems that we remember your prior posts and know WTF you're talking About?

Glad to know all is OK now, but not interested enough to try to know why.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Old 03-24-17, 01:05 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
Now if only the weather in the northeast US would cooperate and "marchuary" would end.
just got sleeted on getting coffee
Old 03-24-17, 01:32 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
just got sleeted on getting coffee
I was hoping to ride out to Plum Island tomorrow AM, but now it's looking ugly. Oh, well.

This is exactly the kind of crap that sells a lot of Zwift subscriptions.
Old 03-24-17, 01:59 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
I was hoping to ride out to Plum Island tomorrow AM, but now it's looking ugly. Oh, well
just do it man. been riding weekends & was bummed about weather too. scratching my head trying to figure where / how to ride. spring rains coming gonna put a damper on things I fear. so should I stop riding? got an interview Sat PM too, so maybe I should just ride Sunday. cloudy start rain in PM? dunno
Old 03-24-17, 03:42 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by FBinNY
Are we expected to be so involved in your problems that we remember your prior posts and know WTF you're talking About?

Glad to know all is OK now, but not interested enough to try to know why.
I never mentioned any prior problems, only that the Bolt shipped.

Glad to see you *were* interested enough to read and reply, though.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-17, 04:26 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5776 Post(s)
Liked 2,574 Times in 1,425 Posts
I never mentioned any prior problems, only that the Bolt shipped.

Glad to see you *were* interested enough to read and reply, though.

Thanks!
Your welcome, but my point was that without some kind of context, we have no way of knowing what you're talking about.

It could be a replacement bolt for one that broke, or some kind of product that's called Bolt. We,ve had threads on both, and probably other topics that could apply.

So, while you, as a writer, know what you're talking about, the rest of us have to guess.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Old 03-26-17, 02:16 PM
1Coopgt

Bikes: Mongoose Reform Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this the bolt you ordered ? I like it a lot . Its very versatile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BOLTFOSTER.jpg (12.1 KB, 304 views)
Old 03-26-17, 03:12 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by 1Coopgt
Is this the bolt you ordered ? I like it a lot . Its very versatile.
Nice, but what kind of head is that, and what kind of driver do you need to tighten it?

I think I'll stick with the Bolt that should be here tomorrow.
Old 03-27-17, 09:07 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by FBinNY
Your welcome, but my point was that without some kind of context, we have no way of knowing what you're talking about.

It could be a replacement bolt for one that broke, or some kind of product that's called Bolt. We,ve had threads on both, and probably other topics that could apply.

So, while you, as a writer, know what you're talking about, the rest of us have to guess.
OK, next time I'll add the "Wahoo" to the conversation. And although I am switching from one brand to another, I thought bad-mouthing another unit was uncalled for, really. That's another topic for another day.
Old 03-27-17, 09:36 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Since this is the electronics and gadgets subforum, we only talk about really fancy bolts in here.
Old 03-27-17, 07:01 PM
1Coopgt

Bikes: Mongoose Reform Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice, but what kind of head is that, and what kind of driver do you need to tighten it?

I think I'll stick with the Bolt that should be here tomorrow.
That would be a 12 point socket . So in the original post you couldn't tell us you ordered a gps ?
Old 03-27-17, 07:36 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by 1Coopgt
That would be a 12 point socket . So in the original post you couldn't tell us you ordered a gps ?
Well, yeah, but the Bolt has been a topic of conversation lately, and this is the "Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets" forum, after all.

BTW, it arrived, and I'll be taking it out for a spin Wednesday. The GPS computer, not the 12 point socket bolt. I doubt my ride has a 12 point socket bolt on it anyway.
Old 03-28-17, 08:37 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3134 Post(s)
Liked 1,702 Times in 1,027 Posts
I hope my Bolt arrives soon, but I've not even gotten shipping confirmation yet. I'm having my Powertap hub rebuilt into a new wheel this week anyway, so I guess I can distract myself with that!
Old 03-28-17, 10:11 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by chaadster
I hope my Bolt arrives soon, but I've not even gotten shipping confirmation yet. I'm having my Powertap hub rebuilt into a new wheel this week anyway, so I guess I can distract myself with that!
Mine arrived, and setup was, well, really easy. All iPhone based. Connecting the speed sensor was easy, too. I took it out for a shakedown and all seemed normal.

One feature I love: it can use routes from Strava, Ride with GPS and other with no issues. Just connect the accounts via the iPhone app and there they are. Very slick.
Old 03-28-17, 06:10 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mine arrived, and setup was, well, really easy. All iPhone based. Connecting the speed sensor was easy, too. I took it out for a shakedown and all seemed normal.

One feature I love: it can use routes from Strava, Ride with GPS and other with no issues. Just connect the accounts via the iPhone app and there they are. Very slick.
"You're killin' me, Smalls!"

I'm trying so hard to be patient...

Yes, routing/maps/nav has been only in realm of "super-users" really, because it was a complicated, multi-step process that took a fairly high level of commitment to make work. BOLT could change this, making it as easy as breezing through your Strava account. It could become one of main selling features of ELEMNT, given what most people I know are looking for.
Old 03-29-17, 07:21 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by chaadster
"You're killin' me, Smalls!"

I'm trying so hard to be patient...

Yes, routing/maps/nav has been only in realm of "super-users" really, because it was a complicated, multi-step process that took a fairly high level of commitment to make work. BOLT could change this, making it as easy as breezing through your Strava account. It could become one of main selling features of ELEMNT, given what most people I know are looking for.
While this was not the key selling point for me, I was pretty surprised how easy it is. I had a Garmin, and was never able to upload a route to my Edge 25. Garmin acknowledged the issue, but didn't offer any timetable for a fix. Wahoo's implementation, simply put, is how it should be done. Just add any route to your list on Strava or Ride with GPS, and it's there, no issues. Just too damned easy.
Old 04-01-17, 06:59 AM
T1TO
T1TO

Bikes: 2011 Trek DS 8.3/ 2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While this was not the key selling point for me, I was pretty surprised how easy it is. I had a Garmin, and was never able to upload a route to my Edge 25. Garmin acknowledged the issue, but didn't offer any timetable for a fix. Wahoo's implementation, simply put, is how it should be done. Just add any route to your list on Strava or Ride with GPS, and it's there, no issues. Just too damned easy.
Nice , I'm going to place my order.
Old 04-04-17, 05:06 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Alright! I got my shipping confirmation from CleverTraining today, so Bolt is on the way!!
Old 04-04-17, 06:13 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
it's sounding really good. I have seen praise from randonneurs about the elemnt, hopefully the bolt works just as well. I would really like to know if it will charge while navigating.
Old 04-04-17, 07:30 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Originally Posted by unterhausen
it's sounding really good. I have seen praise from randonneurs about the elemnt, hopefully the bolt works just as well. I would really like to know if it will charge while navigating.
I can't believe how giddy I feel waiting for a cyclocomputer! I don't think this has happened before, even when I upgraded from wired Cycleops to Garmin E500.

To your question, do mean will it continue to function/nav when plugged into an external power source for charging? I think I might have an external battery pack which I used to use for supplemental iPhone charging before I moved to battery cases a few years ago, so if I can find it, I'd be happy to try for you and advise.
Old 04-04-17, 10:53 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
yes, I would like to know if it will function normally on the bike while it's charging from an external battery
Old 04-06-17, 02:24 PM
dmanthree

Well, can't help you there. I don't have any on-board charging system.
Old 04-06-17, 09:15 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

@unterhausen, I don't know if you're aware of those specially made USB cables where they change the pinout arrangement to only allow charging and not data transmission for Garmins, but I saw them somewhere I can't remember, and they may be worth looking into to see if the Wahoo units can be handled in the same way.
Old 04-06-17, 10:56 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
yes, I would like to know if it will function normally on the bike while it's charging from an external battery
I can't remember where I saw this, but it is supposed to be able to be charged while it's in use. You just need a usb battery and cable.

J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.