Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

iPhone text notifications no longer appear on Garmin

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-20, 04:34 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts

At some point in the last couple of months, I stopped getting notifications of texts on my Garmin Edge 130. iPhone SE. (Yeah, I am cutting edge.) Latest firmware/iOS.

I haven't knowingly changed any settings.

I should add that the phone still connects and syncs normally via bluetooth, and this persists even if I leave the Garmin app open.

Last edited by Cyclist0108; 06-15-20 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-15-20, 09:04 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

I got it working.

Turns out you need to have it set so messages display on the lock screen of the phone.
Old 06-15-20, 09:13 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
sometimes gamins are wacky. I have one that will disconnect from my phone randomly. the one on my tandem looses the two lights that are connected to it for some reason. I had the cadence thing and it would connect two two gamins but it never showed cadence. it would take about as minute and a half to connect but never showed anything.
Old 06-16-20, 01:57 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
wgscott How you liking that SE? I'm >>>this<<< close to getting one.

Gotta replace my minimal 2017 Android phone, a 16GB Moto E4. It was my first fully functional smartphone and I just grabbed it off the shelf at Target when my mom was hospitalized that year and had to transition to rehab, long term nursing care and eventually hospice. It was easier to manage her medical stuff via apps and texting, so my old flip phone wasn't cutting it anymore.

It's mostly been good but I didn't realize how inadequate 16GB is. I'm constantly needing to delete one app to install another, then reinstall an app later. It bogs down a lot, but is pretty snappy other times. The camera is just adequate.

I also have an iPhone 4s, a gift from a friend who'd upgraded. I never bothered to activate it until 2017, using a cheapie Freedom Pop VOIP plan that costs $50/year for unlimited talk and text, and 1 GB data per month. It's just my backup phone. But I've always been impressed with the quality and integration of the entire system.

I was considering a maxed out Moto G Power, which is pretty good bang for the buck but nothing special otherwise. And I'd still be stuck with the so-so longterm support of most Android phones.

The 2020 version of the SE seems like a good value for an unlocked phone. You're the first person I've heard of online who has one. I found ony one thorough review online -- most were just regurgitating Apple press releases.
Old 06-16-20, 06:52 AM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

I have the original SE. It is fine for my needs. The new one sounds like a great deal.