Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Saying Hello from the Western end of Long Island

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-19, 10:32 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts

I've spent the last 2 years getting back into riding after spending the previous 7 mostly not riding, life with 3 new kids, changing house and job situations just kept it on the back burner. But the kids have been embracing riding and I've been really getting back into all aspects though 7 years has cost me some speed. The wife also rides and we like to compete locally.
My oldest, 9, has done 2 crits, 2 time trials, 2 decathlons, and several velodrome events in the last 2 years. Also loves to MTB.
The middle child, 7, is getting into velodrome, races at the Shoreham BMX track and has raced cyclocross; his probably most responsible for getting his sister to MTB and is trying to learn how to jump.
The youngest, 4, is trying to get off the training wheels and can be seen being pulled on an old Adam's trail-a-bike on the boardwalk, local bike paths and lighter MTB trails.
I ride anything and almost have too many bikes.
Besides riding I do woodworking as a hobby and spend time with the kids when not working.
Likes For Russ Roth:
Old 12-07-19, 10:56 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
RR, Riding anything and "almost" having too many bikes will allow you to fit right in here on Bikeforums. It also sounds like the kiddos are following along in your footsteps....welcome aboard!
Best, Ben
Old 12-09-19, 02:28 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Welcome and it sounds like your kids are really into racing. Check out the Racing forums for Road and Track. There is a lot of useful information in the stickies and threads.