Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Used Trek 520 — what to look out for

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Used Trek 520 — what to look out for

Old 10-06-20, 02:57 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 1,063 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by headwind15
A lot of the you tube videos on cassette removal are by RJ the idiot bike guy... I recommend avoiding his terrible stooge videos.
Huh! That’s the first I’ve seen of this take. He’s generally highly praised for his videos and I’ve gotten endless usage out of them and they almost always help. I mostly live in the C&V world though and he gets a lot of praise there, maybe that makes a difference.
Likes For polymorphself:
Old 10-07-20, 05:17 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Huh! That’s the first I’ve seen of this take. He’s generally highly praised for his videos and I’ve gotten endless usage out of them and they almost always help. I mostly live in the C&V world though and he gets a lot of praise there, maybe that makes a difference.
First time for me too RJ is a Diet-Pepsi-drinking wild man, and is loved by thousands. He'll show you stuff you can't learn from Calvin!
Likes For J.Higgins: