Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Peugeot 1984 PSN 10

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-20, 07:05 AM
TodB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot 1984 PSN 10

Hello,

Looking for help with value on a Peugeot model PSN 10 road bike 1984- maybe 85. Good shape with all original components except seat has been changed out: Super Vitus Frame, 12 speed Campagnolo, Shimano, mavic 700c wheel. USA Boston location craigs list -$325.

Thanks for any input

Tod B
Old 10-12-20, 07:21 AM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
I own an ‘85 PSN10 and ride it regularly. Super Vitus tubing is very light and a good ride. I would expect to see Campagnolo Triomphe shifting and Modolo Speedy brakes. The Mavic wheels are likely Module E laced to Helicomatic hubs. The PSN10 uses a quill seatpost so you’ll want to make sure it’s intact and functional. They’re a pain to source and replace.

Condition determines the value. If it is in very good condition, I think $325 is a good price.
Old 10-12-20, 08:08 AM
TodB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie to Senior

Thank you for your input. Good to know about the seat. I will check it out a little more.

New to forum today .... Very cool amazing group.

Thanks again for help
enjoy your ride,
TB
Old 10-13-20, 11:37 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3888 Post(s)
Liked 6,488 Times in 3,211 Posts
I see this one for $375:

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/bi...212820998.html

Not real interesting to me. Sorta ugly. Like those black headset cups and lack of seatpost clamp/collar. I'm into '80s Campy, but it doesn't look right here. I could maybe get into it for $200 if I really needed a bike and it were my size. Surely, it needs a full overhaul. I know, I know, never call you Shirley...

Last edited by SurferRosa; 10-13-20 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-14-20, 04:52 AM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
I see this one for $375:

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/bi...212820998.html

Not real interesting to me. Sorta ugly. Like those black headset cups and lack of seatpost clamp/collar. I'm into '80s Campy, but it doesn't look right here. I could maybe get into it for $200 if I really needed a bike and it were my size. Surely, it needs a full overhaul. I know, I know, never call you Shirley...
The black headset is likely the original Stronglight. Composite cups and needle bearings. I agree the black cups are out of place on this bike but the headset itself performs really really well. I don’t get too excited about headsets but this one is probably the smoothest I’ve owned.

The bike does look like it needs an overhaul and a good cleaning. If the paint and chrome are rust and blemish free, I still value the bike in the $300 +/- $25 range to someone looking for a keeper.

Here’s a pic of how the ‘85 version is supposed to look. A BF member offered this one for sale a couple of years ago for $425. The OP’s prospect doesn’t have the colored decals which makes it a little less interesting IMO.

Last edited by plonz; 10-14-20 at 05:06 AM.
Likes For plonz:
Old 10-14-20, 11:22 AM
TodB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for feedback and Frank opinions.
It is a good range to work with 200 - 325 depending on fit ride condition etc