Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

North East CT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-20, 05:21 PM
Dexterbaxter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
North East CT

New forum member here. If anyone is looking for a riding partner for early mornings hit me up. I like being challenged or challenging others.

Used to weigh around 210,long story short.. Lost 65lbs from running, gym and cycling. Hadn't cycled since I was in college and just recently got back into it about three years ago.
Old 09-30-20, 06:05 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
Congratulations on your weight loss and your re-entry into the cycling world. I am on Long Island, so I can't take you up on your offer, but I'm sure you'll find people to ride with. It's going to start getting chilly up there soon, so you may have to wait until spring. Wait...not EVERYBODY is a fair weather sissy like I am????
Old 09-30-20, 06:31 PM
Dexterbaxter

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks! It's been a long road but well worth it.
LOL! I used to be a fair weather sissy. I'd look out my window and watch riders all bundled up cycling in crazy low Temps. Of course then I started running in cold temps and started thinking... I wonder... Well after getting bitten by the cycling bug I found myself emptying my wallet on all sorts of gear so now I'm ready for the cold. Bring it on!
Likes For Dexterbaxter:
Old 09-30-20, 07:09 PM
Papa Tom

By Northeast CT, do you mean the Mystic/Stonington area? I ride up there every summer for an overnighter, and my wife and I go up once or twice, as well.
Old 09-30-20, 08:00 PM
Dexterbaxter

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
That would be South East CT down there. Putnam is my stping ground
Old 10-01-20, 03:12 PM
Papa Tom

Originally Posted by Dexterbaxter
That would be South East CT down there. Putnam is my stping ground
Oh, man...that's hilarious! OF COURSE the area I am talking about is not Northeast, Connecticut! I had a brain fart and was thinking ALL of Connecticut is north to me, a Long Islander, so I assumed anything in the eastern portion of CT is NORTHeast ! You're lucky I didn't blab on even more about how much I love my rides to Mystic and Milford and all the places in between!