Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

ridewithgps -- find rides on a specific bike

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-19, 08:39 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,461 Times in 1,433 Posts

I've been a ridewithgps user for years. I want to see the rides I took on a given bike. Is there a way to do that? I have looked. Thanks.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 06-25-19, 02:58 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6187 Post(s)
Liked 4,805 Times in 3,314 Posts
In the "jump to" drop down list select analyze and then select advanced filters. Your bikes should appear there if you attached a particular bike to a ride.

Not sure if this is available for all members. I have the subscription.
Old 06-25-19, 03:06 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,461 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
In the "jump to" drop down list select analyze and then select advanced filters. Your bikes should appear there if you attached a particular bike to a ride.

Not sure if this is available for all members. I have the subscription.
Thank you!

I have a paid subscription, too. I don't think you can have several bikes with the unpaid plan.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 06-26-19, 03:02 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 2,799 Times in 532 Posts
You can have multiple bikes on the free service, located under the 'gear' tab. It gives you a overall total mileage you have ridden on each bike, assuming you remembered to record which bike you rode for each ride of course. If you then click on each bike it lists the most recent 15 rides you have ridden on each bike, but you cannot scroll through or find any rides before that, which is annoying.

Alternatively if you remember the approx date of the ride, you can set view to calendar view and scroll back through each month. But you can only do this one month at a time, which when you've been on RWGPS for a long time can be too time consuming. I've been with them for 8 years and scrolling back that far a month at a time is more than I can endure.

In fact I'm thinking of moving up to the paid service. What other info is available, does it give more of a breakdown of rides done on each bike?, with stats like elevation, hours riding each bike and so on, what other stats go you get for the cash? I've not got a SATNAV so have no interest in the mapping and GPX side of it, but am more interested in just keeping a record like a ride diary, so more stats would interest me.

And can you scroll quickly through the calendar view screen to quickly find old rides? That bit winds me up the most....I did write to RWGPS to request a drop down menu to jump to a specific year when on calendar view, to make it easier for those of us that have been on it for years, but never heard back. I think I'll finally pay up for those features if they have them, thanks in advance.