Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

My new custom Zanconato

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

My new custom Zanconato

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 02:50 PM
rsl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new custom Zanconato

Over the weekend I was able to take the train out to Worcester MA to get fitted for my first custom bike. I've had my eye on an IF for nearly two years, but I decided to go with a builder I could meet in person, and who could fit me himself.

After lots of searching I contacted Mike Zanconato (zanconato.com and bikesbyzank.blogspot.com) and finally arranged a time to head out to his shop - which he shares with builder/painter Toby Stanton of Hot Tubes fame.

Mike spent over two hours fitting me up, showing me around the shop (which is located in an old manufacturing mill - very cool), letting me dig around in bins of lugs and look at different tubing, and answering my numerous first-time-custom-buyer questions. Plus, I got to see a few of his frames in raw form and lay eyes on some of the beautiful lug work I've been looking over on the web for the last several weeks.

This whole custom bike thing has already been a blast and I can't wait for my new bike. I'll post pics and updates as I get them.
Old 02-21-06, 07:09 PM
curt in denver

Bikes: Giant Ocr limited (carbon) Redline Conquest (cross)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awaiting
Old 02-26-08, 08:24 PM
Lithuania
Oh The Huge Manatee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when did you put in your order and when do you expect delivery? I want a cross bike buy him badly.
Old 02-26-08, 09:03 PM
14max

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsl
Over the weekend I was able to take the train out to Worcester MA to get fitted for my first custom bike. I've had my eye on an IF for nearly two years, but I decided to go with a builder I could meet in person, and who could fit me himself.

After lots of searching I contacted Mike Zanconato (zanconato.com and bikesbyzank.blogspot.com) and finally arranged a time to head out to his shop - which he shares with builder/painter Toby Stanton of Hot Tubes fame.

Mike spent over two hours fitting me up, showing me around the shop (which is located in an old manufacturing mill - very cool), letting me dig around in bins of lugs and look at different tubing, and answering my numerous first-time-custom-buyer questions. Plus, I got to see a few of his frames in raw form and lay eyes on some of the beautiful lug work I've been looking over on the web for the last several weeks.

This whole custom bike thing has already been a blast and I can't wait for my new bike. I'll post pics and updates as I get them.
How many months out? I understand (really I do) the wait for a new bike. Zank was very high on my list as well...