Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

How to deal with toe-overlap on switchbacks?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

How to deal with toe-overlap on switchbacks?

Old 10-29-20, 09:55 PM
speedyspaghetti

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-022 // '89 Specialized Allez Full Dura-Ace 7400 // Santa Cruz Stigmata CC // Bridgestone MB-3 BoxTwo 1x Conversion // Bridgestone MB-6 // Santa Cruz Highball C // Ibis Spanky

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
UPDATE: Went back out there today and I friggin nailed that switchback! Took a lot of the advice I got from here and I was able to round it nice and smooth. I think the biggest issue was the line I was taking before - I was coming tight and therefore having to turn the wheel a lot more. I tried taking a wider line and staying wide and it worked a lot better. Still isn't perfect by any means, but I was super stoked when I got it. Thank you to everyone for the help! Added bonus is now I don't feel like I bought the wrong bike haha.
Likes For speedyspaghetti:
Old 10-30-20, 08:34 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Sweet! You nailed it!