Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Folding rig

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Folding rig

Old 10-06-20, 06:58 PM
Mark Hoaglund

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 21 Posts
While awaiting the Covid quarantine verdict made up lyrics one night about my little rascal cycling pal to the tune of La Cucaracha and it goes something like this:

I love my JJ, I love my JJ, Hes my little puppy dog.

I love my buddy, Hes my amigo, Hes the friendliest of them all.

Hes now my friendly ghost when I think of him. He warms my heart and helps me remember the ten years we spent together. He runs, jumps, wags his tail and his tongue sticks out. I had my 17 yo put to sleep so he could play with his friends at the rainbow bridge a year ago. Hes still lively and youthful now. I miss cuddling up too and massaging his old legs for him. He use to love playing with little kids, their moms and playing Cupid & Romeo. He was a real ice breaker the little Mexican squirt and such a cute, big eyed, Latin lover. My lap dog shed short white hair in home, tent & sleeping bag. He rode in the handlebar basket with foamy soft coverings attached by strap to his safety harness. Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end . . . oh yes those were the days. Love you buddy.

In the meantime to checkout YT vegan home microwave and camp meals to add some variety to my canned packaged foods.
Old 10-12-20, 02:55 AM
Mark Hoaglund

We had seven wonderful Autumn days in the 40s-70s F and still awaiting Covid quarantine results since the spike in WI. Thunderstorms approaching & soon the forecast will be 20s-40s F so I missed the rural Fall colors while tour camping during the sweet spot with my eBicycle. Out the window all the trees are changing colors except for some of the conifer needles after the 25F morning frost before the kickoff to the warm colorful October week we had. I suppose soon there will be a little snow around in the morning. Been wrenching on my folding rig the last couple of days.
Old 10-12-20, 08:58 PM
Mark Hoaglund

Not free to roam yet. The 1st Covid test came back negative and a 2nd this week. Hopefully Monday the test results will free me to bicycle once more.

I think I missed out visiting with the decreasing bug population while it warmed up. Usually I get the pleasure of seeing ladybugs, bees, flies, ants & others linger around before the colder temperatures arrive. The Canadian geese are hanging around the lake areas. I crack the window and hear them honking overhead several times throughout the morning, noon & evening hours. I miss the reflective lights glowing off the evening mirrored lake surfaces.

I ordered a copy of, “Touch the Earth, A Self-Portrait of Indian Existence” my mother gave me years ago. She use to to say, “I ran around the countryside like a wild Indian” which is the way this bicycle tour camp season went.
Old 10-15-20, 05:23 AM
Mark Hoaglund

Amazing, the world is changing or so I noticed. Thanks to the sun which provides organic food, organic fabrics and charges electric tractors. It looks like its possible to make a change without breaking the bank & still enjoy myself during this eBike tour camping season. On the rail trails it was nice to distance myself from the petrol noisiness while listening to mother natures tranquil serenity amongst the treelined waterways while visiting with her wildlife on a quiet assist eBike.
Old 10-20-20, 02:08 AM
Mark Hoaglund

P.M. snow showers Fri. the 16th & A.M. snowflakes the 17th. 20s-30s F with more snow expected. Not exactly what I was hoping for but predicted ... anyhow I have to wait for two more weekly Covid tests. The last two were negative but I did get my book “Touch the Earth” to keep me company. I wish to be outdoors listening to the choir of birds tweeting along the treelined urban & rural routes I love to b-pack tour through. Or lazily sit or lay in my hammock swaying gazing over the landscapes while sipping coffee or soup listening to the stirring creatures and rustling Fall breeze. Peacefully zenned out.
Old 10-25-20, 07:43 PM
Mark Hoaglund

While awaiting Covid results and hopeful cycling freedom I'm developing interest in sipping tasting a nutritious three sisters soup or stew this Fall from fresh & canned ingredients. A little warmer prediction 20s-40s F weather with partly clouded sky's which will be a treat. I'm getting cabin fever and would love some fresh outdoor air hiking biking in & feeling the Autumn sun. The leaves outside the window are earth colored & mostly fallen. A good song Autumn Leaves.
Old 10-27-20, 02:26 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18394 Post(s)
Liked 15,467 Times in 7,308 Posts
Ok
Old 10-27-20, 05:08 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked 809 Times in 471 Posts
Perhaps Facebook or Foo or the Blogger's Forum is a better home for a personal journal.
Likes For fishboat:
Old 10-28-20, 12:52 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
It does seem to be an extended exercise in creative writing.
Likes For Happy Feet:
Old 10-29-20, 04:17 AM
Mark Hoaglund

Glad you liked my introduction. You stuck around until the end, I'm touched. Anyways looking at the forecast I've decided to end my 2020 touring season due to cooler temperatures. It was fun. Later gators.