Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Duell Frame EL OS

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Duell Frame EL OS

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-20, 03:06 AM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 4,587 Times in 1,764 Posts
Probably because it is Super Nice. Looks gorgeous!

Old 10-10-20, 05:03 AM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 301 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Well, it's been awhile but this was finally finished today. Or at least, mostly finished. Too late to get good pics but here's one teaser. I'll try to get proper shots tomorrow.

Very nice result. My kind of build and setup. I would have been very tempted to carry the green to the tape but I think your pics show black is the way to go. I hope the ride is as good as the eye candy.
Old 10-10-20, 05:27 AM
Sir_Name 

Bikes: are fun!

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 272 Posts
Wow, fantastic. Enjoy!
Old 10-10-20, 06:01 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,936 Times in 1,763 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
Very nice result. My kind of build and setup. I would have been very tempted to carry the green to the tape but I think your pics show black is the way to go. I hope the ride is as good as the eye candy.
I did think about that with the tape. I just think when I find some nicely priced C.F. wheels for this and put them on the bike will look more balance with the black at all 4 "corners". The bottle cages are temporary, still debating over black or some green alloy ones that are close to the color of the green. Or yellow....

First step out of bed this morning and I get a shooting pain in my right knee. I'm doing a test ride on it today no matter what. I just don't know if I'll really be able to do it justice.
Old 10-10-20, 07:15 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 661 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
It’s a fine line between lug thinning and idolatry
I tend toward idolatry.
Old 10-10-20, 08:14 AM
Sir_Name 

Bikes: are fun!

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 272 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
I did think about that with the tape. I just think when I find some nicely priced C.F. wheels for this and put them on the bike will look more balance with the black at all 4 "corners". The bottle cages are temporary, still debating over black or some green alloy ones that are close to the color of the green. Or yellow....

First step out of bed this morning and I get a shooting pain in my right knee. I'm doing a test ride on it today no matter what. I just don't know if I'll really be able to do it justice.
For what it’s worth, it looks pretty balanced to my eye as-is. The bottle cages echo the chrome frame details and silver touches on the components, plus the brake tracks. The black elsewhere really sets the background for the frame at center stage. Hope the knee improves.