Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Need a new wheel and I have no idea what to get-help me please!

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-20, 02:18 PM
Judgefudge22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I need to replace the wheel on my bike. I hit the railroad tracks going too fast and it bent my wheel so it wobbles and catches on the brakes. I'm new to the game and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a wheel and decipher the quality ones from the not so good ones. Can you let me know what I need to type in when I search online or paste a link to a wheel please. I'd like to keep it under $100, but if it's worth it I'll bend. Thanks in advance!

Side Note: I tried to upload some pics here to help, but I can't since I haven't posted 10 times. Instead I'll type out the specs that are on my tire/wheel.

Tire--32-622 (700 x 32C- 28x1 5/8 x 1 1/4) K 1053-010

Wheel-- 700 x 28/32 ETRTO 622 x 19 Equation R23
Old 06-01-20, 05:39 PM
jlmonte

Bikes: Colnago Brain, Master Bi-Titanio, Vitus 979, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Marrakesh, and a couple of Treks

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Equation R23 brand wheels, in 700x28c or ETRTO 622 x 19, (which I’d think should be ETRTO 28-622). Are you riding a 7 speed Diamondback hybrid with rim brakes?

The material determines price. Cheap steel rim, galvanized spokes, and steel hub is the low end, performance level is aluminum alloy rims and hubs, with stainless steel spokes. I think the Equation R23 have alloy and SS, and I saw them used for $100 both front and rear.

What makes you think you need a new wheel, is it beyond repair? It might just be out of true, and the spokes need to be adjusted.
And, can you install the tires or transfer the rear freehub? Tell Siri or Alexa you need a new bicycle wheel and she’ll find you a local bike shop.
Old 06-01-20, 08:15 PM
Oneder
Banned.

Bikes: Wahoo of Theseus, others

Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
Old 06-01-20, 08:35 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Do you know if you have a cassette of a freewheel cog set? Do you know what axle width your bike needs? Do you know the rim's internal width? Do you know the valve type tour wheel has?

https://sheldonbrown.com/wheels.html is a good place to start your education. Andy