Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Kits from Aliexpress

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-14, 11:52 AM
MNX1024

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone bought kits from Aliexpress before? Maybe, specifically for the following seller:
Store No.1213593 - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling fleece bike,shorts skirt,shorts head and more on Aliexpress.com

Looking to get something there, but know nothing about their sizing and their sizing chart just doesn't help or make sense.... So, how are their fits and do they fit true to size? What company are their sizing similar to?
Old 08-13-14, 12:22 PM
Smokehouse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't.

When it comes to this stuff, you get what you pay for. My cousin proudly wears a Trek/Radioshack set from them and it is junk. Poor fit and finish, paper thin material (which looks ridiculous on him figuring he's heavy.) and the chamois is garbage.

If you want nice kit and want to save some $$, go to places like Probikekit...I buy real team kit stuff from them and it's very high quality, licensed stuff.
Old 08-13-14, 12:44 PM
MNX1024

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokehouse
Don't.

When it comes to this stuff, you get what you pay for. My cousin proudly wears a Trek/Radioshack set from them and it is junk. Poor fit and finish, paper thin material (which looks ridiculous on him figuring he's heavy.) and the chamois is garbage.

If you want nice kit and want to save some $$, go to places like Probikekit...I buy real team kit stuff from them and it's very high quality, licensed stuff.
I thank you for the warning, but guess I should've made this clear on my original post. I understand that quality is definitely not going to be high for said product due to price being charged. Nor do I plan on purchasing counterfeit goods. My reason for planning to make a purchase from them is due to a specific kit that I want to get is "only" available on aliexpress. It's something I want to get to play around with and don't plan on using it for any serious riding, unless the quality surprises me by being exceptionally well.

Anyway, with what's said on the above. Any chance you may inquire about sizing from your cousin. Such as what size he normally wear from regular brands compared to what he got from aliexpress and the questions I've asked from my original post? Thanks!
Old 08-13-14, 12:47 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MNX1024
It's something I want to get to play around with and don't plan on using it for any serious riding
Is this it?

Old 08-13-14, 12:52 PM
MNX1024

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
Is this it?

Cool kit, but not sure I got the balls to wear that in public...... But, no, that's not it.
Old 08-13-14, 12:55 PM
Goolsbymd

Bikes: 14 CAAD 10 105

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 2 kits from aliexpress, both are quality and chamois is actually very comfortable. Yep they are knock offs but at 30 a pop i don't care, they have lasted me over a year with gentle cycle and hang dry. Yes sizing is really wacked. I wear an L and had to order an XXL, I guess Chinese people are really little. Just stick to people with lots of reviews and be prepared to,wait 2+ weeks.
Old 08-13-14, 12:57 PM
MNX1024

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goolsbymd
I have 2 kits from aliexpress, both are quality and chamois is actually very comfortable. Yep they are knock offs but at 30 a pop i don't care, they have lasted me over a year with gentle cycle and hang dry. Yes sizing is really wacked. I wear an L and had to order an XXL, I guess Chinese people are really little. Just stick to people with lots of reviews and be prepared to,wait 2+ weeks.
Based on what you said, I should order 2 size larger than normal? I wonder how that works out since I wear small for most, but medium for Castelli.
Old 08-13-14, 01:04 PM
Goolsbymd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most of the "legit" stores on there have a sizing guide to help. I wear a L in a real Castelli. Check out the sub****** bicycling there are a lot more Ali reviews on there that discuss sizing and known vendors.
Old 08-13-14, 01:09 PM
MNX1024

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If it's not too much of a hassle, do you mind linking me to one of those sub******? Not too familiary with ******. Thanks a lot!
Old 08-13-14, 01:13 PM
ARPRINCE

Bikes: 2021 Tern Verge X11 + Cannondale 2016 CAAD12 eTap + 2011 Synapse Alloy 5 Ultegra

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
That looks cool! Thinking of getting one for my halloween ride.

Is this it?

Old 08-13-14, 01:20 PM
Smokehouse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MNX1024
I thank you for the warning, but guess I should've made this clear on my original post. I understand that quality is definitely not going to be high for said product due to price being charged. Nor do I plan on purchasing counterfeit goods. My reason for planning to make a purchase from them is due to a specific kit that I want to get is "only" available on aliexpress. It's something I want to get to play around with and don't plan on using it for any serious riding, unless the quality surprises me by being exceptionally well.

Anyway, with what's said on the above. Any chance you may inquire about sizing from your cousin. Such as what size he normally wear from regular brands compared to what he got from aliexpress and the questions I've asked from my original post? Thanks!
Yeah...my only beef would be the material they use. For lack of better terms, it is almost skin-suit material, very thin. I have a pair of Castelli Free Aero bibs that are super tin...
Old 08-13-14, 01:27 PM
Goolsbymd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bicycling: search results
Old 08-13-14, 01:33 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this it?

I have the balls to wear that. And my wife says they are big. Where can I procure such an item?
Old 08-13-14, 01:38 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by joeyduck
I have the balls to wear that. And my wife says they are big. Where can I procure such an item?
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...g+kit&tbm=shop
Old 08-13-14, 01:57 PM
seymour1910

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ARPRINCE
That looks cool! Thinking of getting one for my halloween ride.
That's what I was going to say. The halloween ride I do is rather short (22 miles) so good qaulity is no issue. I would wear this kit for that ride no doubt.