Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Nishiki Serial Number Database

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Nishiki Serial Number Database

Old 11-22-18, 07:09 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by cooperryder
This 1983 catalog page shows the International with a triple
crankset ,different Suntour derailers and 700c wheels and no blue color listed.

1983 Nishiki catalog | Flickr
That is a Canadian catalogue. It is relevant only to the Canadian market models designed by Norco.
Old 11-22-18, 07:29 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by PEricSwanDahly
....You mentioned in earlier post about the decals on the frame, and as far as those go I have never seen this bike WITH them. I honestly don't think it ever had them. If you have any other ideas / insight on the decals, I'd be very interested in what you have to say on that...

There are a couple of reasons why it my not have decals. First, it could be a warranty replacement frame. They often came with decals, so that theryey could be offered for multiple models, without the customer complaining that it wasn't the same model. .Second, some owners, particularly licensed racers, often removed decals (and even head badges) if they had an inferiority complex about riding what could be perceived as a lower status brand.

Here's a link to the decal set for the brand logo and model name as used on the early 1970s Nishiki Professionals.
https://www.velocals.com/search.php?..._query=Nish116

Last edited by T-Mar; 11-22-18 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-22-18, 10:04 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked 2,490 Times in 1,190 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Try a 26.6 or 26.8mm. Tange was the primary tubing source during this era. With the exception of Prestige, Pro and #4 , all their CrMo tubesets, including plain gauge, used a 26.8mm nominal inner diameter for the seat post.end of the seat tube. Allowing for typical clearance would result in a 26.6mm post but a 26.8mm post might be a better fit if the tube was reamed.
Thanks, thought it would be 26.6. Previous owner may have collapsed that collar.
Old 11-23-18, 03:31 PM
Dr T

Bikes: 1970 American Eagle Semi-Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
American Eagle bike model?

Hi all
New here, but eventually found my way to this amazing thread. I hope the following may be relevant to the general topic
I have hung on to my bike from grad school days (78-82, in Berkeley, CA). Back in the day (~79), I bought a used road bike, for transportation..., well it is still with me, and I have recently started to clean/resuscitate it (this may be a monumental job...). The headbadge says it is an American Eagle and the serial number stamped in the bottom is KS 47685 W. I take it this is a pretty old bike (before 75?). Out of curiosity, I wonder if I can identify the model. What are the distinguishing features to look for? The bike had been totally repainted when I bought it, so there are no identifying markings I can see. Thanks in advance for any hints

P.S. Tried to attach a picture, but apparently am too new here?
Old 11-23-18, 04:16 PM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by Dr T
Hi all
New here, but eventually found my way to this amazing thread. I hope the following may be relevant to the general topic
I have hung on to my bike from grad school days (78-82, in Berkeley, CA). Back in the day (~79), I bought a used road bike, for transportation..., well it is still with me, and I have recently started to clean/resuscitate it (this may be a monumental job...). The headbadge says it is an American Eagle and the serial number stamped in the bottom is KS 47685 W. I take it this is a pretty old bike (before 75?). Out of curiosity, I wonder if I can identify the model. What are the distinguishing features to look for? The bike had been totally repainted when I bought it, so there are no identifying markings I can see. Thanks in advance for any hints

P.S. Tried to attach a picture, but apparently am too new here?
Welcome to the forums. An American Eagle would be pre 1972 and possibly as far back as the mid-1960s. The 'W' under the serial number is actually the logo for West Coast Cycle (Supply), the California company that owned the brand. It's actually a backwards 'C' joined to the leading edge of the 'W", with a proper facing 'C' joined to the trailing edge. Best indicators of the bicycle model will be the brand and models of the major components (derailleurs, brakes, crankset), provided they are still original.
Old 11-23-18, 05:04 PM
Dr T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums. An American Eagle would be pre 1972 and possibly as far back as the mid-1960s. The 'W' under the serial number is actually the logo for West Coast Cycle (Supply), the California company that owned the brand. It's actually a backwards 'C' joined to the leading edge of the 'W", with a proper facing 'C' joined to the trailing edge. Best indicators of the bicycle model will be the brand and models of the major components (derailleurs, brakes, crankset), provided they are still original.
Thank you for the quick reply! I have found the following identifiers on those parts

Front and back brakes: center-pivot sidepull brakes marked Gran Compe
Front derailleur: SunTour Cyclone (or Cuclone?)
Back derailleur: SunTour V
Crankset: Sugino crankarms; outer chain ring marked Sugino <52> Mighty Compe

Of course I don't know if this is original equipment, as the bike was used, but at least I have not changed anything in the past 40 years. :-)
Old 11-23-18, 06:30 PM
OLDYELLR
My bikes became Vintage

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
@Dr. T You can determine the year from the date codes on various components if they're original.

Go here: Date of Manufacture of Bicycle Components can be used to date a bike: component dating
Old 11-23-18, 08:49 PM
jan230
Old Rider

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 78 Posts
Here's my wife's '80's Olympic.
She's the original owner.

Old 11-23-18, 11:50 PM
Dr T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OLDYELLR
@Dr. T You can determine the year from the date codes on various components if they're original.

Go here: ...
@OLDYELLR, That's cool. So the Sugino crankarms have '44-12' stamped on them, which I take to mean (thanks for the link!) Dec 1969.
The front derailleur is labelled 'Maeda Industries, Ltd. 4532 Japan OF. The latter apparently means Jun 1972 (or earlier?)
The back derailleur is a SunTour V, apparently of the third iteration introduced in 1970(?) I have not found a date code yet, but I note that it has the same number '4532' on the mounting plate. Does this have any significance?

That's how far I got this evening. I'll look some more tomorrow. In any event, it seems safe to say that these are probably original parts and that my bike dates from ~1970.

Does that help with the actual model? So far I have found references to 4 American Eagle models, namely Olympiad, Kokusai, Custom Sport, and Road Compe. Are there more, and/or how does one distinguish them?

Thanks for your advice!
Old 11-24-18, 07:38 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by Dr T
....Front and back brakes: center-pivot sidepull brakes marked Gran Compe
Front derailleur: SunTour Cyclone (or Cuclone?)
Back derailleur: SunTour V
Crankset: Sugino crankarms; outer chain ring marked Sugino <52> Mighty Compe...

...So the Sugino crankarms have '44-12' stamped on them, which I take to mean (thanks for the link!) Dec 1969.
The front derailleur is labelled 'Maeda Industries, Ltd. 4532 Japan OF. The latter apparently means Jun 1972 (or earlier?)
The back derailleur is a SunTour V, apparently of the third iteration introduced in 1970(?) I have not found a date code yet, but I note that it has the same number '4532' on the mounting plate. Does this have any significance?....
The evidence is pointing towards a 1970 American Eagle Semi-Pro or Road Compe. The crankset code of December 1969 is a good fit with the serial number and it is most likely OEM, which would make the bicycle a 1970 model. The Sugino Mighty Compe was used only on the high end models, the Semi-Pro, Road Compe and Pro Compe. The latter can be eliminated, as they were typically manufactured by Katakura, who used a different serial number format. The Semi-Pro and Road Compe were spec'd almost identically, with the main difference being the use of a wired-on wheelset (aka clincher) on the former, while the latter used a tubular wheelset (aka glue-ons). Many owners got frustrated with tubulars and converted their Road Compe and Pro Compe to wired-on, making identification more difficult. However, there is one small, frame related difference. The Semi-Pro routed the rear brake cable using two cable stops that were brazed onto the top tube, whereas the Road Compe used three cable clamps that were secured to the top tube using screws and nuts.

The Cyclone front derailleur definitely isn't original, as SunTour introduced them for the 1975 model year and I suspect the OF code is actually QF (i.e. June 1974). The brakes and rear derailleur sound like they are OEM. The 4532 stamped on the derailleurs is the document number of a Japanese bicycle component standard for derailleurs. The numbers are typically accompanied by a symbol consisting of JIS (written Japanese style, top to bottom and right to left) within a circle. JIS stands for Japanese Industrial Standards.
Old 11-24-18, 11:39 AM
Dr T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The evidence is pointing towards a 1970 American Eagle Semi-Pro or Road Compe. The crankset code of December 1969 is a good fit with the serial number and it is most likely OEM, which would make the bicycle a 1970 model. The Sugino Mighty Compe was used only on the high end models, the Semi-Pro, Road Compe and Pro Compe. The latter can be eliminated, as they were typically manufactured by Katakura, who used a different serial number format. The Semi-Pro and Road Compe were spec'd almost identically, with the main difference being the use of a wired-on wheelset (aka clincher) on the former, while the latter used a tubular wheelset (aka glue-ons). Many owners got frustrated with tubulars and converted their Road Compe and Pro Compe to wired-on, making identification more difficult. However, there is one small, frame related difference. The Semi-Pro routed the rear brake cable using two cable stops that were brazed onto the top tube, whereas the Road Compe used three cable clamps that were secured to the top tube using screws and nuts.

The Cyclone front derailleur definitely isn't original, as SunTour introduced them for the 1975 model year and I suspect the OF code is actually QF (i.e. June 1974). The brakes and rear derailleur sound like they are OEM. The 4532 stamped on the derailleurs is the document number of a Japanese bicycle component standard for derailleurs. The numbers are typically accompanied by a symbol consisting of JIS (written Japanese style, top to bottom and right to left) within a circle. JIS stands for Japanese Industrial Standards.

I think we (I mean really you guys) got it! The wheels are of the clincher type, and the only label I can find on them says 'Milremo', but as you say, that would not be definitive. However, the frame definitely has the brazed-on cable stops for the rear brake cable, which would seem to settle the question. A 1970 American Eagle Semi-Pro it shall be from now on. That is obviously more than I have known about this bike for the whole time I have owned it. I am pretty amazed that one can make that kind of identification; I salute your dedication in collecting this kind of information, @T-Mar. Am I just lucky that my bike is a Nishiki forerunner, which is what you have taken a special interest in, or can this kind of sleuthing be done for any bicycle brand?

BTW, following your suggestion about the front derailleur, I have checked that code. The metal is a bit corroded but looking at it with a hand lens, it actually might well be a QF. And yes, I noticed that circular symbol (the JIS), but since it was not easily rendered in print, I failed to mention it.

Now all I have to do is try to rehabilitate the bike. Equipped with much naive optimism and Lennard Zinn's 'Road Bike Maintenance', I have made a start of it. Thank you for giving my baby a name!
Old 11-27-18, 02:34 AM
hallesym

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I have an early Nishiki 'Custom Pro' that is very much like the Red one I saw
posted here about a few days ago. My serial number starts with 'K7B' as shown in
photos on dropbox. The Sugino Mighty Crankset is also '4611' which is from
November 71. I bought it from the original owner earlier this year who had
bought it at Talbot's in San Mateo, California in 1974 The original owner also did the drillium on the crankset. Wheels, brakes and rear derailleur had been replaced, but all the other parts are original, including the saddle. The original owner kept the bike in fantastic condition, this is the original blue paint. The bike has only ever had the Nishiki head badge and the chrome moly and made in japan decals on it. The original owner says that the bike was called a Nishiki 'Custom Pro', and I have not seen this model in any catalog. The frame looks very much like bikes made by 'Miki' in Japan, who also made the top bikes for Sekai and Centurion. The lugs and the chrome seat stay caps on the top Sekai and Centurion bikes look very similar to these early Nishiki 'Custom Pro' models. That might explain why the serial numbers on these bikes are different than the Silk 'KS' serial numbered Nishiki Professional models from 1972 to 1974. I have only seen one other of these early Nishiki Professional bikes on the web until the discussion about the Red one posted about a week ago.

Put 'dropbox.com' in front of this string (I have < 10 posts) and you should
be able to see the recent pictures. Maybe someone can post a few to this thread?

Thanks,
Mike
Sunnyvale, CA

sh/4z46up6vtoc5toj/AAA45JJsW_nfTfCORJoyz339a
Old 11-27-18, 03:05 AM
familyguy
Running on plenty

Bikes: Too many to list

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 18 Posts

Thoughts? Nishiki, Superbe(?) or Pro(?) Codes for parts were all over the place, some changed some not. 600FD, Cyclone gen I RD, Superbe Pro cranks with E date code.
Old 11-27-18, 08:14 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by familyguy
Thoughts? Nishiki, Superbe(?) or Pro(?) Codes for parts were all over the place, some changed some not. 600FD, Cyclone gen I RD, Superbe Pro cranks with E date code.
Nishiki model names and specs could vary from market to market, as they were established by the importer/distributor. Generally, Australian models have an A-prefix but this one looks like it may have a C-prefix, indicating Canadian market. Regardless, the 'J' indicates it was manufactured in 1980 and therefore could be a 1980 or 1981 model. The top model in Canada during this period was the Superbe. Please post an overall photograph, taken from the drive side. TIA.
Old 11-27-18, 03:52 PM
familyguy
Running on plenty

This is the ebay ad pic, it's still in the back of my car. Definitely looks to be an O rather than a C, but stranger things have happened with die stamps. But, as a back up to your claim, I googled 'Racer Sportif' (as seen on the chainstay protector). Turns out to be a bike store in Toronto and Oakville.

It's missing the head badge, which is a shame. Superbe Pro cranks are in good nick, wheels turned out to be Open 4 CD on Sunshine ProAm hubs, so definitely worth the sub-$40 purchase and short drive to get it. Suntour dropouts and Tange fork ends. Now if only it was 2cm bigger, it would be a good size for me. As it is its probably too small but it's going into the collection to refinish or rebuild over time and see what happens.

Last edited by familyguy; 11-27-18 at 03:54 PM. Reason: details
Old 11-27-18, 04:45 PM
T-Mar

This is the ebay ad pic, it's still in the back of my car. Definitely looks to be an O rather than a C, but stranger things have happened with die stamps. But, as a back up to your claim, I googled 'Racer Sportif' (as seen on the chainstay protector). Turns out to be a bike store in Toronto and Oakville.

It's missing the head badge, which is a shame. Superbe Pro cranks are in good nick, wheels turned out to be Open 4 CD on Sunshine ProAm hubs, so definitely worth the sub-$40 purchase and short drive to get it. Suntour dropouts and Tange fork ends. Now if only it was 2cm bigger, it would be a good size for me. As it is its probably too small but it's going into the collection to refinish or rebuild over time and see what happens.

Yes, I'm familiar with Racer Sportif and the frame does look like a circa 1980-1981, Canadian market, Nishiki Superbe. I'd consider the Superbe to be closer to the USA market Comp II than a Professional. However, during this era there were frame differences between the Comp II and Superbe. The former typically had horizontal dropouts, fender eyelets and brazed-on shift lever bosses, while the latter used vertical dropouts, did not have fender fender eyelets and used clamp style shift levers. Of course, there were also some minor cosmetic differences. All your frame features are ticking the correct boxes for a Canadian market Superbe of this era. This frame should have used a head decal, rather than a metal badge.
Old 11-27-18, 10:25 PM
familyguy
Running on plenty

Excellent info, thanks T-Mar. Will go a-googling for an 80's catalog. I did see the 81 (US?) catalog with the Professional in it, that certainly seems a step above this in terms of quality and gear. Pity about the head tube being a decal, the badges do look great.
Old 11-28-18, 08:58 AM
cooperryder

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 1,400 Times in 398 Posts
This is not a Giant manufactured frame. It was manufactured by Kawamura in 1985. While they rarely turn-up, it appears that the G-prefix on Kawamura frames indicates an Asian market model. Nishiki were spec'd by the importers in each market, so there could be significant variance in models between markets.
Thanks very much for the info TMar.
So with a GE leading SN that would indicate mine
as well as SooopaDoopa's Internationals are 1985 models from the Asian market.
The several 1985 parts on mine seem to add some evidence to this dating.

I expect many others as well as myself appreciate all the time and effort you invest in responding to
the many questions over the years.
Cheers and safe riding to you.
Likes For cooperryder:
Old 11-28-18, 10:41 AM
T-Mar

Excellent info, thanks T-Mar. Will go a-googling for an 80's catalog. I did see the 81 (US?) catalog with the Professional in it, that certainly seems a step above this in terms of quality and gear. Pity about the head tube being a decal, the badges do look great.
That may prove frustrating, so here's the relevant page from the 1981 Canadian catalogue in my personal collection.

Likes For T-Mar:
Old 12-16-18, 02:25 PM
Glenzilla

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jan230
Here's my wife's '80's Olympic.
She's the original owner.
That is a pretty bike! I need to find another Nishiki! Any forums out there for one?
Old 12-25-18, 01:07 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked 1,728 Times in 1,180 Posts
Picked up this '85 Colorado FREE on CL. Serial prefix code G1285. I'll let the purists, pundits and hair-splitters decide whether it's a true "mixte". It does have a third set of stays, and the "top" tube is in line with the middle set of stays, and those stays and the "top" tube meet at the seat tube. So it's not just a step-through. But forward of the seat tube, it's a tube, rather than the two long stays going all the way from the head tube to the droupouts. There's one VERY OLD diagram, from Raleigh IIRC, referring to this frame design as a "sport", but that's far to generic a word for this design. Anyway, photos:

Came with steel handlebar with TOO much rise and sweep (made it steer like a bus), on a BMX-ish two-piece stem with a four-bolt cap matching the frame color. None of my swap-in bars fit that stem, so this one's a reasonable match, period-appropriate. I also installed the Axiom rack, a bit anachronistic, but a good fit and provides LOTS of heel clearance.

Everything needed adjustment; wheels were way out of true, brakes didn't grab right, etc. All the grease had turned to peanut butter. But it didn't actually need anything.

Original Vetta saddle was not in bad shape, but god-awful uncomfortable. Also had a cheap steel seatpost, so I swapped both.

Early generation Shimano cantis, August 1985 date code.

Not sure if the Light Action rear mech is original; it looks newer. Didn't check the date code yet.

Friction 3x6

Brake lever clamps. All the cockpit fasteners are phillips rather than allen.

Here's where the middle stays and "top" tube come together at the seat tube.

Thinking about turning it into a winter bike, since the friction thumbies should be pretty bomb-proof. A pair of salmon Kool-Stops are on the way.

We also got a '90-ish Expedition (?) free on CL, but it's missing quite a few components, and I haven't gotten a gander at the serial number or the component date codes yet.
Likes For madpogue:
Old 12-30-18, 01:49 PM
madpogue 

Update - the Expedition is a December '87, evidently made by Fairly:
Presuming this is the Fymm.... format from the "Asian Serial Number" thread.

No full-on shots, but this is the badging. Haven't had time to research what "Designed by Norco" indicates. Also a faint remnant of a "Made in Taiwan" sticker at the bottom of the seat tube. Label remnant just above that, but nothing left but the silver background, so I don't know if it's a frame material label, or a dealer sticker.

Bike is mostly stripped. Tioga BB, Tange Japan headset, Shimano FD-Z204 front der, code KK (Nov '86). Has some very cheap looking (i.e. dept store) Chang Star canti brake arms, but no cables or levers (no bar/stem even). It does have a Dia-Compe brake cable stop with release lever on the headset, which makes me wonder if that's what brand of brakes it originally had.

I think even the wheelset has been swapped. Araya single-wall rims, Joytech hubs, Shimano 6-speed freewheel. But the rear axle is 130mm, and the frame is most definitely a 126-er.
Old 12-30-18, 06:48 PM
rickpaulos

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
Haven't had time to research what "Designed by Norco" indicates. Also a faint remnant of a "Made in Taiwan" sticker at the bottom of the seat tube. Label remnant just above that, but nothing left but the silver background, so I don't know if it's a frame material label, or a dealer sticker.
NORCO is a Canadian bike company. My guess is it was imported into Canada for sale by NORCO. The decal is just one of many phases bike companies went through as they transitioned from domestic production to Chinese imports.
Old 12-31-18, 07:03 AM
T-Mar

Picked up this '85 Colorado FREE on CL. Serial prefix code G1285. I'll let the purists, pundits and hair-splitters decide whether it's a true "mixte". It does have a third set of stays, and the "top" tube is in line with the middle set of stays, and those stays and the "top" tube meet at the seat tube. So it's not just a step-through...

Given that the frame was manufactured in December 1985, it would be a 1986 model. There is a specific name for this style of frame but it escapes me at the moment.

Update - the Expedition is a December '87, evidently made by Fairly:

Presuming this is the Fymm.... format from the "Asian Serial Number" thread.

No full-on shots, but this is the badging. Haven't had time to research what "Designed by Norco" indicates. Also a faint remnant of a "Made in Taiwan" sticker at the bottom of the seat tube. Label remnant just above that, but nothing left but the silver background, so I don't know if it's a frame material label, or a dealer sticker.

Bike is mostly stripped. Tioga BB, Tange Japan headset, Shimano FD-Z204 front der, code KK (Nov '86). Has some very cheap looking (i.e. dept store) Chang Star canti brake arms, but no cables or levers (no bar/stem even). It does have a Dia-Compe brake cable stop with release lever on the headset, which makes me wonder if that's what brand of brakes it originally had.

I think even the wheelset has been swapped. Araya single-wall rims, Joytech hubs, Shimano 6-speed freewheel. But the rear axle is 130mm, and the frame is most definitely a 126-er.

The serial number format is consistent with Fairly. Again, it's from late enough in 1987 that it would be a 1988 model.

Norco was the Canadian importer/distributor for Nishiki bicycles in the 1980s. The original Canadian distributor was Shields but Norco purchased the Canadian license sometime during 1978-1980. The license holder in each country designed/spec'd the bicycles to suit their own market. Consequently specifications and/or model names for Nishiki bicycles often vary from country to country.

The Expedition was an entry level ATB and some would argue that it was closer to a city bicycle. While I don't have 1988 specs. I do have 1989. That year's frame was hi-tensile steel with a CrMo seat tube. Specifying only the seat tube in CrMo was a fairly common practice. It allowed the manufacturer to place a CrMo tubing decal on the seat tube, leading many prospective buyers to assume that the entire frame was CrMo. The faded decal may be the tubing decal or the LBS decal.

The Chang Star brakes are likely OEM, as these were spec on the 1989 Expedition. The hanger may be an addition by the previous owner, as the 1989 had the stop built into the stem.

The wheelset is typical for the era and level of bicycle. If it has a triple crankset like the 1989 version, I'd expect a 130mm rear hub, as opposed to a 126mm. It wouldn't be the first time that an assembler forced a wheel into place, rather than send a frame back for proper cold-setting.
Old 12-31-18, 12:35 PM
madpogue 

Thanks for the excellent info on both bikes, T-Mar. I recall an old graphic, IIRC from Raleigh or perhaps one of the French companies, depicting various frame styles captioned with the names. And I vaguely recall that not-quite-mixte being called a "sport". Seems like an awfully generic name for a frame style, however.

The Colorado is a triple; no crankset on the Expedition, but based on another of your posts, the standard Z204 FD is for a double.. The Ex is most definitely 126mm, and I think some attempt was made to cold-set the Colorado, because it measures out at about 127-128mm. A 126 hub fits a bit loose, and a 130 requires some force. So I reckon you're right; both were probably assembled by... err.... coercion BITD.

The Ex has a Spinner fork, stamped 1987 and "HI TEN" on the steerer tube. So that would be consistent with the bike being hi-ten except for the seat tube.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.