Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-19, 11:08 AM
thepartsguy
ole skool cyclist

Bikes: Gitane Sprint, Kinesis Touring bike, and 1994 SpecializedStumpJumper M2 FS with DH fork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hello from Ohio

Figured I'd join so I could share my knowledge in the tech sectors. You guys can call me Dave. My first bike was a Raleigh 3 speed in the mid 60s. Have owned about 20 over my life. Next was a Schwinn with baskets to deliver papers then I progressed to road bikes. Have repaired motorcycles and bikes for fun but my life has involved everything from cars, oil field equipment, fishing tackle, outboard motors under 100hp and ship motors up to 1100hp etc. Anything mechanical is a challenge to me. My latest project is a stripped and refinished 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FS with a RockShox DH fork. Hope I can be of assistance when I get into the other forum sections. Might have a few questions you guys can help me with on newer stuff.
Old 10-05-19, 02:56 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
Welcome thepartsguy,
Welcome from one "Gearhead" to another, after reading your brief intro I am sure that you will have a lot to contribute to the Forum.
I am into vintage so I can't offer much help on the newer stuff, there's a subforum for you to checkout.
Best, Ben
Old 10-05-19, 04:34 PM
thepartsguy
ole skool cyclist

Bikes: Gitane Sprint, Kinesis Touring bike, and 1994 SpecializedStumpJumper M2 FS with DH fork

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1
Welcome thepartsguy,
Welcome from one "Gearhead" to another, after reading your brief intro I am sure that you will have a lot to contribute to the Forum.
I am into vintage so I can't offer much help on the newer stuff, there's a subforum for you to checkout.
Best, Ben

Thanks for the welcome. Have lurked on here searching for info and figured I should finally join the party.
Old 10-05-19, 05:58 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
Welcome Dave, nice intro. I am a mechanically challenged person. Someone that has mechanical skill and talent probably would wonder how someone, me in particular, could be so inept in the mechanical world. I cannot answer that, I just am. I love bicycles, especially riding bicycles. I wanted to challenge myself, bought some tools and started to learn how to do the the repair and maintenance on my bikes. This at the young age of 65. BikeForums, its members, have been a large part of whatever progress I have made. I even rebuilt an early 90's Ochsner steel road bike that I bought new in 1992 as a 40th b'day present to myself. I now have 5 bikes and a bare frame, a Fuji Ace, that was given to me by a BF member, CyclingFool. It is marked to be my winter project. I have learned a lot and my confidence has grown with that. Maybe my biggest challenge in this endeavor is patience, which brings with it frustration.

My latest acquisition is a 2003 Lemond Poprad, 853 Reynolds tubing, CX bike. It is in great shape and I am highly pleased with its ride quality. If/when you see posts from me asking for info/help, know that I appreciate the input I get from people with more knowledge and skill than I possess. I try to pose questions in a way that make sense, and I post pictures that I hope will help those that are trying to help me.

Enjoy the 2 wheel world and be safe!
Old 10-05-19, 06:44 PM
eaalto

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!!
Old 10-05-19, 06:58 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by thepartsguy
Thanks for the welcome. Have lurked on here searching for info and figured I should finally join the party.
Let the party begin....get a few more replies and post some pics of the stuff you are working on.
Best, Ben