Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Pacific Nor'westers - Log in Here

Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Pacific Nor'westers - Log in Here

Old 11-28-18, 09:33 PM
dnelson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whidbey Island, Washington. Haven't ridden in almost 30 years. I have a old, but new road bike that I plan on riding once I get all my gear together.
Old 12-01-18, 11:19 AM
SquireBlack 

Bikes: '66 Lygie, '02 Rivendell Atlantis, '03 Air Friday, '21 Black Shadow Campeur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 37 Posts
Inner SE Portland

I live in Portland, near Reed College, and work downtown. Not a long-enough commute, but better than nothing. Mostly touring, some Randonneuring. I acquired a used Rivendell Atlantis a couple of years ago and since then have been getting into retro. I’m currently building-up a 1960s Lygie frame.

Last edited by SquireBlack; 10-09-20 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 12:26 AM
Woodsman Rick

Bikes: CO-OP CTY 2.1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rochester, Washington

New to the forum and although not new to biking I have had a few decades away from something I enjoyed so much so long ago.

Sold my old Schwin Varsity that had been collecting dust for many years after trying to ride the steep hills in Northeast Seattle. Now that I’m in a fairly flat prairie farming community I picked up a hybrid and am working my way back into riding.

Old 01-30-19, 12:04 AM
Serottafan

Bikes: Serotta Couer d’Acier, Blue Carbon, Giant Trance 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally from Seattle. Moved to Bend, OR following retirement a few years ago. I’m mainly a roadie, but do get out on the trails occasionally.

Last edited by Serottafan; 01-30-19 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-20-19, 04:26 PM
beardedbubba

Bikes: Niner MCR 29 hardtail, 93 Cannondale with xtracycle attachment

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eugene,Oregon is my home. Just getting into bikepacking but have been MTB with my 7-year-old son for a bit now.
Old 06-03-19, 11:49 AM
RustyMoto

Bikes: 1975? Motobecane Le Champion?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Everett Washington, trying to figure things out about my motobecane!
Old 07-01-19, 12:29 AM
Oregon_Nomad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bend, Oregon in da house!

This will be my second post on the forums. I'll be turning 50 soon and I'm getting back into cycling. When I was a teen in the 80's my main mode of transportation was a road bicycle. Now after decades away from any consistent cycling, I am returning. I am originally from SW Washington state but have lived in Bend, Oregon since 2002. As I get into shape, I want to get into touring. I'm looking at getting into a couple of one-day tours here in Oregon this year. The Blackberry bRamble ride in Eugene and Ride The Rogue in Rogue River have gotten my attention. I would also like to check off the Oregon Scenic Bikeways.

Cheers, y'all!
Old 07-10-19, 01:44 PM
SlowJoeCrow

Bikes: Redline Conquest Pro, Kona Cinder Cone, Trek Fuel EX8(RIP) Pivot Mach 5 frankenbike

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I was living in Beaverton Oregon when I got back into cycling and a lot of road riding and a bit of cyclocross and MTB racing, I moved to Bend Oregon in 2016 where I mountain bike a lot, road ride a little and use my CX bike for unpaved trails and gravel.
Old 09-09-19, 05:04 PM
ssmiker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lower Mainlan

Hi All
Burnaby BC. Mostly ride around the lower mainland.
Old 09-09-19, 06:32 PM
cyclomuter
Ninja

Bikes: 2009 gary fisher wingra, 2012 Giant Talon 0 29er

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Just moved to Shoreline, WA from the mountains of SoCal. Into easy MTB trails and about to get back into commuting. Looking for a new commuter and all the gear I'll need to make it through the winter and rain!
Old 09-15-19, 09:16 PM
tctdvm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclomuter
Just moved to Shoreline, WA from the mountains of SoCal. Into easy MTB trails and about to get back into commuting. Looking for a new commuter and all the gear I'll need to make it through the winter and rain!
How tall are you? (I'm 5' 8.5") I'm looking to sell my Kona Jake The Snake. Has fenders. Could sell it with Flo 30 Powertap wheels (G3) Tubeless and Schwalbe G-One all arounds (I selected those tires specifically for their wet pavement traction). Or just with some Fulcrum 7 wheels. 11 speed R7000 front and rear d's. 105 Shifters. Brand new 11-34 cassette and KMC chain. Has avid v-brakes with Travel Agents or I have several Canti brake sets to choose from.

Pic has the 11-42 cassette that I stole to put on my new gravel bike. Puppy is blocking the 50 34 Ultegra crankset.

T
Old 09-16-19, 11:33 AM
cyclomuter
Ninja

Bikes: 2009 gary fisher wingra, 2012 Giant Talon 0 29er

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

See Spot outfitted for commuting
Originally Posted by tctdvm
How tall are you? (I'm 5' 8.5") I'm looking to sell my Kona Jake The Snake.
Thanks for the offer, but I already found my commuter and I'm 6'2" anyway.
I'll be riding a Spot brand Ajax that I picked up on the cheap. Nice looking Kona tho!

Last edited by cyclomuter; 09-16-19 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added a pic of my new commuter
Old 09-17-19, 10:30 AM
sideee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bothell, WA

Hi all! Sid, bike commuter from Bothell. I take the bus in the morning and bike back in the evening. Greetings!
Old 09-18-19, 04:25 PM
Jd512k

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Pro & Binanchi Campione del Mondo

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Greetings Pacific Northwesters. Hail from Spokane. South Hill specifically. Anyone else in the area?

~Jon
Old 09-20-19, 11:38 AM
delingren

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Eastside of Seattle. Biking mostly in Bothell, Kenmore, Kirkland, Redmond, and Seattle for commuting and running errands. Riding a roadie in the summer and fixie for fun. When the rain settles, I've got a hybrid with fenders.
Old 11-11-19, 10:57 AM
Lucky13bikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello

Hey portland in the house here.
sadly I can’t do or say much till I get my stupid 10 posts up and I get full access
Old 11-11-19, 10:18 PM
JacobLee 
Total Scrounge

Bikes: 71 International 72 Super Course 83 Gap

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 310 Posts
SW Portland. Hillsdale to be specific. Not to be confused with Hillsboro.
Old 11-15-19, 04:25 PM
paraganek

Bikes: TREK PowerFly 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Cedar Mill (Portland).
I commute daily on Trek PowerFly 5, round trip 15 miles with 1500 feet elevation change.
Old 02-07-20, 01:47 PM
eagletree

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Olympic Peninsula here, riding areas are from Quilcene to Port Townsend and out to Sequim/Port Angeles and I sit about in the middle of all that. There are reasonable roads and trails to get that far. Just started riding last year and my introduction was a vacation to Mazama/Winthrop last summer. It opened my eyes to how wonderful road and mountain biking could be... morning on the MTB, afternoon on the road bike, and evening with the pool and wine... it was rather OMG heaven.

I have practice trails right off my doorstep for my old Giant XtC NRS 3 MTB and some roads and groomed trails are good for my Emonda (though I have to drive to get to roads safe enough for road riding). Many roads are not rideable due to lack of any shoulders and high speed cars.

I'm 65 and looking for slower biking groups to try riding with people, virtually all my riding has been solo. On Strava PRs, I tend shoot for middle of the pack as goals. I try to put in a ride everyday, 10 to 20 miles. I also picked up an old fluid trainer and have started enjoying an evening ride in the living room. A dream is to get good enough to do the STP this year.

Of course, with Western Washington, most rides are cold, wet, and cake the poor bikes with sand and mud. Indeed, even road rides depend on the MTB right now because of the wear and tear it's putting on my Emonda. It's still fun though it occurs to me that I'd enjoy this even more if I lived in California.
Old 03-09-20, 02:05 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Grants Pass, Oregon
71 y/o returning to the sport after a long absence You do not want to breathe the air, drink the water, or deal with the motorists where I came. Up here is far better. Got a lot of woork to do to get back into the shape I was a few years back. Been here 8 months, and so far dropped 35 pounds and increased my average speed to 14 - 16 mph on my short-ish, flat-ish routes.
Old 08-08-20, 10:30 PM
rancurt2

Bikes: 2015 Jamis Bosanova

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Greetings all! I live in Kent, WA (East Hill)

Just recently getting back onto a bicycle and doing my best to spend as much time that way as possible.
Old 08-17-20, 11:40 AM
dur4ce

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Poulsbo, WA checking in!

Returned to cycling last summer after a 10+ year absence since college. Picked up a power meter and smart trainer and get some work done over last winter and into the pandemic. My Cannondale CAAD7 is relegated to trainer duty by my Trek Checkpoint SL6. The Checkpoint is a solid all-rounder with a rack for commute duties, gravel rides in Port Gamble, WA (and recently in Bend, OR) and road rides around Kitsap County.
Old 08-21-20, 06:31 PM
SeattleRider57

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hey everyone, another Seattle resident here. Been riding more and more over the last 10 years, but really picked it up over the last 5 or so years, getting my first carbon bike last year - a 2019 Trek Domane SL5. I also recently replaced the groupset on my 2005 Allez Elite with Shimano 105's and some new Kotavelo wheels to learn how to repair my bikes a bit more. I do a ton on Zwift for convenience purposes, but I get out a bunch too, doing the Passport2Pain for the first time last year - what a blast! Looking forward to connecting with this group as I could use recommendations on favorite routes. Thanks!
Old 10-20-20, 12:59 PM
knittykitty

Bikes: Robin Hood Sports 3 Speed, 1982/83 Corsaro(?) Mixte, Raleigh Twenty Folder (project)

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello from Beautiful Bellingham, Washington! Originally from the Portland suburbs, but I never did any riding down there. Trying to get into it, but I'm really a wuss about getting on my damn bike. Maybe trying to lose this quarantine weight will be a good motivator. I've got a 1985 Corsaro Cabrio Mixte (I think, no decals) that I actually ride, and my mom's Robin Hood Sports 3 Speed from high school that hasn't seen the outside of the garage in some years. Winter project will be fitting full fenders to the mixte, which doesn't have quite as much clearance as it ideally should. So it'll be an adventure!
Old 10-20-20, 02:42 PM
JacobLee 
Total Scrounge

Bikes: 71 International 72 Super Course 83 Gap

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 310 Posts
Originally Posted by knittykitty
Hello from Beautiful Bellingham, Washington! Originally from the Portland suburbs, but I never did any riding down there. Trying to get into it, but I'm really a wuss about getting on my damn bike. Maybe trying to lose this quarantine weight will be a good motivator. I've got a 1985 Corsaro Cabrio Mixte (I think, no decals) that I actually ride, and my mom's Robin Hood Sports 3 Speed from high school that hasn't seen the outside of the garage in some years. Winter project will be fitting full fenders to the mixte, which doesn't have quite as much clearance as it ideally should. So it'll be an adventure!
Welcome! Good luck with the fenders! You might try a phone app, like Ride With GPS. It’s been a great motivator for me, along with posting pics on the C&V forum. Have a great winter!
Likes For JacobLee:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.