Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

The latest idiot

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

The latest idiot

Old 11-04-19, 04:39 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
But wheelies on the other hand....

....of course there is always THIS GUY. Call 999!

-mr. bill
Old 11-04-19, 07:20 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
But wheelies on the other hand....

https://youtu.be/jj0CmnxuTaQ

-mr. bill
Wheelies while weaving between heavily trafficked lanes is a jerk maneuver, and I'm quite sure that a cop would've intervened if they had seen it. I'm not a big fan of being involuntarily recruited as a prop in someone's dangerous stunt show. I, however, didn't even slightly entertain the idea of calling the cops when I was stuck in the situation.

Amusing video, cute kid, but the fact that he felt he had to make a big point that the kid wasn't involved in the stunts kind of undermines your implied insult of me with the 999 crack.
Old 11-04-19, 07:47 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Quote:Originally Posted by mr_bill But wheelies on the other hand....

-mr. bill"Wheelies while weaving between heavily trafficked lanes is a jerk maneuver, and I'm quite sure that a cop would've intervened if they had seen it. I'm not a big fan of being involuntarily recruited as a prop in someone's dangerous stunt show. I, however, didn't even slightly entertain the idea of calling the cops when I was stuck in the situation.

Amusing video, cute kid, but the fact that he felt he had to make a big point that the kid wasn't involved in the stunts kind of undermines your implied insult of me with the 999 crack."

Interesting.

Anyone would realize there was a dummy in the trailer during the stunts.

I found the Making Of video interesting too.

It'd be a fantastic advert for the makers of that trailer. LOL VBEG

Cheers
Old 11-04-19, 07:53 PM
mr_bill

The trailer-maker lives not far from us. As far as I know they are no longer making the trailer.

-mr. bill
Old 11-05-19, 12:49 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by Miele Man
Anyone would realize there was a dummy in the trailer during the stunts.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of dummies watching videos who wouldn't realize that, or even humorless ones who get mad that he might give the impression that it was a real kid and think that might be a crime.

Which is precisely why he had to actually show the dummy and post a disclaimer. Otherwise, some schmuck would have called the police.
Old 11-05-19, 10:40 PM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,517 Times in 1,031 Posts
True story - Today I was pulled over by a patrol car while I was bicycling at about 5:45 pm. The policeman told me that the police dispatcher had received report that someone had called in to complain about a bicyclist singing loudly while passing a nearby local high school. After assuring the policeman that I wasn't the singing culprit, he apologized and wished me a good night and we went on our ways with no hard feelings.

No doubt the informer felt real proud of himself for being such a moral citizen reporting on a potential evil law breaking bicyclist.
Old 11-06-19, 04:53 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
True story - Today I was pulled over by a patrol car while I was bicycling at about 5:45 pm. The policeman told me that the police dispatcher had received report that someone had called in to complain about a bicyclist singing loudly while passing a nearby local high school. After assuring the policeman that I wasn't the singing culprit, he apologized and wished me a good night and we went on our ways with no hard feelings.

No doubt the informer felt real proud of himself for being such a moral citizen reporting on a potential evil law breaking bicyclist.
In fairness, he was singing Nickleback's greatest hit.
Old 11-06-19, 06:17 PM
mr_bill

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
True story - Today I was pulled over by a patrol car while I was bicycling at about 5:45 pm.
So, after they cleared you for outstanding warrants?

Privilege. So transparent we don’t see it.

-mr. bill
Old 11-06-19, 10:13 PM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,517 Times in 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
So, after they cleared you for outstanding warrants?

Privilege. So transparent we don’t see it.

-mr. bill
No, the policeman never asked for name or any ID. Nor was he concerned with my ear buds on both ears, nor my hoody as headwear. He had acomplaint from a dingy moral informer complaining about some bs nonsense. After we talked for a minute or two he knew I wasn't the alleged evil doing bicylist that so concerned the jackass snitch.

Last edited by StanSeven; 11-06-19 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Removed insulting language