Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bridgestone Seatpost size HELP!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-20, 12:02 PM
guy1138

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 51 Posts

Just picked up this sweet Bridgestone T700 that seems to be just my size. However, it did not include a seatpost, and the binder was so tight that the clamps were touching (so it previously had a too-small one) . I've got it spread back out, but can't get a caliper measurement I am comfortable with.

Sheldon's database doesn't have this bike, but all the other road bikes seem to have 27.0

Here's a pic of a 27.2 in there, but it only goes in a bit then takes a lot of force to go in any more.

Anybody know for sure that it takes a 27.0 before I order one?

Thanks!

Old 06-09-20, 06:29 PM
jo_lacs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I tried posting a link but can’t because I don’t have enough posts to do that. Anyway, there’s a post on the bicycle mechanics section entitled “bridgestone 300 seatpost size?” that may help.
Old 06-10-20, 09:45 AM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 281 Posts
One of the tricky things about seatpost sizing is that bikes of the exact same model and year may be built with different seat tube tubing, depending on size. Taller frames need a little beefier tubing. So even if you know that say a 50cm 1978 Raleigh Team pro takes a 27.2 seatpost, you can't assume a 64cm Team Pro of the same year takes the same. (Mine takes a 27.0). So measure as carefully as you can, and try the one that seems closest.
Old 06-10-20, 09:48 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
@jeirvine did not mention that the Bridgestone RB-T I sold him takes a 27.0 for the 62cm frame. However, that is no guarantee that it is correct for your bike.
Likes For thumpism:
Old 06-10-20, 12:06 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
What's your general location/region? Maybe there's someone local who can lend you a 27.0 for a test fit.