Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

ISO: C-Record FD (braze on) and 111mm Campagnolo bottom bracket (Italian)

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 06-29-20, 01:32 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 215 Posts

I'm anticipating a build up of the De Rosa Brewsmith sent me. I'll have a two-week quarantine after traveling, as mandated by the state so will have plenty of time.

In search of a front derailleur and bottom bracket for the build.

Front derailleur: Need a Campagnolo braze-on from late 80's to early 90's, preferably Record or Chorus. Ergopower brifters will be pushing a double, trying to match it to the rest of the group which is C Record of the same tiers. Acquired!

Bottom bracket: Need a 70mm Italian-threaded with a 111mm axle, specifically Campagnolo taper to match my C-Record crankset. From cursory research I've found that some 80s/90s Pista BBs came in this size, as did Veloce and Centaur later on. Phil also made one. Found one as well

PM me if you have something that might fill the need, and let me know how many clams its worth to ya.

Teaser...

Last edited by billytwosheds; 07-02-20 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Acquired parts
Old 06-29-20, 03:44 PM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 516 Times in 280 Posts
Pretty sure I have a C-Record FD, and BB. I will need to dig...

Edit: My spare C-Record BBs are English. But I do have a front braze-on derailleur. PM me an email and I'll send pics.
-J

Last edited by jeirvine; 06-29-20 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-29-20, 07:35 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

jeirvine Great, I'll PM you. Thanks.
Old 06-29-20, 07:54 PM
Iowegian

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I thought I had a BB too but it is also BSC threads. It's a 111 spindle on a cartridge BB though so if you can find Italian cups.....anyway, good luck with your build.
Old 06-29-20, 11:01 PM
billytwosheds 

Originally Posted by Iowegian
I thought I had a BB too but it is also BSC threads. It's a 111 spindle on a cartridge BB though so if you can find Italian cups.....anyway, good luck with your build.
Hm, thanks for offering it up. If nothing materializes soon, I'll see if I can find some cups. The hunt continues...
Old 06-30-20, 01:16 PM
AJI125 

Bikes: 1972 Fuji The Finest | 1990 Bianchi Giro | 1999 LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 134 Posts
Not sure about C-record but Chorus and Croce BBs from late 80s/early 90s and perhaps later should be 111mm. Can check the Disraeli Gears documents, I think the BB or crank detail page shows this depending on year. Grabbed a good condition Croce from Romania off eBay for a very reasonable price recently. Unfortunately it took like 45 days to get here as there was a Covid embargo and no shipment from there to USA for like over a month! Think I just searched Campagnolo 111 or something simple. Good luck!
Old 06-30-20, 02:14 PM
billytwosheds 

Originally Posted by AJI125
Not sure about C-record but Chorus and Croce BBs from late 80s/early 90s and perhaps later should be 111mm. Can check the Disraeli Gears documents, I think the BB or crank detail page shows this depending on year. Grabbed a good condition Croce from Romania off eBay for a very reasonable price recently. Unfortunately it took like 45 days to get here as there was a Covid embargo and no shipment from there to USA for like over a month! Think I just searched Campagnolo 111 or something simple. Good luck!
Thanks, that helps. Part of the issue with these generations of Campy parts is that they are poorly marked, so either a seller knows what they have and charges out the nose for it, or doesn't know what they have and then it's on the buyer to take a gamble trying to ID the parts. Figured I'd see what folks on the forum might have in their parts bins.
Old 06-30-20, 04:30 PM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 516 Times in 280 Posts
You can tell by the spindle markings. I've grabbed some cheap C-Record BBs from eBay by spying them:
Spc -- ≻ c-record
Ssa -- ≻ croce d'aune
Ssb -- ≻ chorus
Ssg -- ≻ athena