Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Thinking about getting a used BMX . . .

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 09:51 PM
word_nerd

Bikes: Fuji Track and 1984 Puch Classic FG conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm sure you get a lot of these types of inquiries. I read the sticky, so i hope i satisfy the requirements. I don't have any particular bike in mind, but will be trolling CL. Can you suggest any decent brands to look for, or avoid? I am about 5'11". budget is probably around 100 bucks. fixer-upper is fine. coaster brake or hand brakes - no preference. vintage/old school/new fangled, doesn't matter. i don't know any tricks, and as much as i would love to learn, probably won't (unless really inspired). really just looking for any advice on brands that would be decent used, or brands that would be a total waste of my time and money.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-12, 11:56 PM
Street rider
We win all charity rides

Bikes: BMX, fixed gear

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're just going to use it to **** around and not really planning on learning any tricks, just about any bike will be fine as long as its in good condition. If you actually want to learn tricks, get as much chromoly as possible, and maybe even link some CL finds through here to get opinions.
Old 06-10-12, 10:55 PM
established1974

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a craigslist junkie, almost never buy anything new. When I started looking for a bike to get back into BMX, there were plenty of options in the $100 range. Many weren't chromoly, but like anything on CL, be patient and eventually it will turn up. Also, if your budget is limited, I saw a few people that were willing to trade their bike for something else. I posted a singlespeed for sale, but was willing to trade for a BMX and actually got several emails for it.