Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Anyone riding Central PA MS150 in July?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 05:00 PM
bean4158

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone on the list was planning to ride the Central Pennsylvania MS150 in July? It goes from Hollidaysburg - my hometown! - to State College and back the next day. Also was wondering if anyone had ever ridden? If so how was it. Living in Florida, we don't have many hills here.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-14-04, 09:05 PM
ArthurDent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Mike,
This year will be my first Central PA MS150 as well. I've driven on most of the roads on the route, and it looks challenging. I don't recall seeing any truly monster climbs, though it seems like there will be an endless series of moderate hills. Veterans of this ride seem to agree that the first day is the harder of the two days. There are some photos of last year's ride at https://www.blairbicycleclub.com/index.shtml. There's some on the homepage and more in the Gallery section of the site.

See you there,
Terry
Old 05-15-04, 10:14 AM
bean4158

Bikes: Trek Madone

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ArthurDent
Hi Mike,
This year will be my first Central PA MS150 as well. I've driven on most of the roads on the route, and it looks challenging. I don't recall seeing any truly monster climbs, though it seems like there will be an endless series of moderate hills. Veterans of this ride seem to agree that the first day is the harder of the two days. There are some photos of last year's ride at https://www.blairbicycleclub.com/index.shtml. There's some on the homepage and more in the Gallery section of the site.

See you there,
Terry

Thanks Terry! I spent some time looking at the bike club web page and even saw a name or two that I recognized from my days in Hollidaysburg. The pictures of the Junior High School brought back memories as well.

Any idea how many riders will actually start the ride? I just did the Houston to Austin 150 in April and there were 11,000 finishers of that ride! We had a great time. Are there actually teams in this ride, like the one in Houston?

Thanks again and I hope to see you at the start line in July.

Mike