Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Retro Stuff

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Retro Stuff

Old 04-12-20, 03:25 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked 258 Times in 188 Posts
I've got this pretty old Fuji steel mt. bike I purchased in 1991. Tange Prestige tubing, modeled after the Ritchey P21. It was Suntour GPX 7 spd. when they had just come out with Micro-Drive, so 110/74 rings, that crank is still in use on my touring bike. I had a Softride suspension stem on it till I couldn't get parts, then threw on a Judy with a 1" steerer an LBS was throwing out. The frame didn't have the geometry for a suspension fork so steers like an old pickup. Light bike though, only 26 lbs. I need to give it to somebody when this CV mess is over, if only to get it out of my basement.

Likes For Steve B.:
Old 04-13-20, 07:57 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: Norco CityGlide, Schwinn "Speedster" Willy

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I've got this pretty old Fuji steel mt. bike I purchased in 1991. Tange Prestige tubing, modeled after the Ritchey P21. It was Suntour GPX 7 spd. when they had just come out with Micro-Drive, so 110/74 rings, that crank is still in use on my touring bike. I had a Softride suspension stem on it till I couldn't get parts, then threw on a Judy with a 1" steerer an LBS was throwing out. The frame didn't have the geometry for a suspension fork so steers like an old pickup. Light bike though, only 26 lbs. I need to give it to somebody when this CV mess is over, if only to get it out of my basement.
Steers like an old pickup? Slow, wobbly, or both?

Nice looking ride, by the way.