Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Bike maps!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 08:17 PM
Lebowski
bikes are sexy

Bikes: [2008 specialized allez tripple], [2006 Specialized hardrock sport], [1998 Robinson Rebel], [1980's vintage schwinn ministing], [2008 specialized epic comp] - [2009 origin8 scout 29er], [2005 KHS DJ200]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike maps!

i always wanted to do some serious long distance cycling. here's a map of the county i live in. i cant believe all the possibilities that await!!

https://wibikeroutes.net/County%20Maps/Sheboygan.gif
Old 02-12-09, 04:33 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Lebowski
i always wanted to do some serious long distance cycling. here's a map of the county i live in. i cant believe all the possibilities that await!!
I also really enjoy looking at maps and figuring out the best places to go and how to get there. IMO the best cycling maps, for example in the Boston area in my experience, are the AAA metropolitan maps. They have a small enough scale to identify lesser traveled roads, yet cover a pretty wide area for long rides.

When my son was younger and would ask those questions like, "How far?" and "When are we going to get there?," I would answer: "A road warrior doesn't ask questions like that. All a road warrior wants to know is where are we going and how are we going to get there?".