Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-17, 07:18 PM
7up

Bikes: Aurelia*Bianchi*Cannondale*Colnago*Dahon*Giant*Haro*Lynsky*Monkey Faction*Origin8*Panasonic*Paramont*Peugeot*Ross*Schwinn*SE*Specialized*Trek

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
I've heard the R250 is a great bike.Good luck guys and enjoy.
Old 09-25-17, 07:29 AM
JonnyV

Bikes: 2012 Fuji Altamira 1.0. 2017 Lynskey R250

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
I got my R250 frame off Lynskey via ebay. They listed the R240 but turned out it was out of stock, they upgraded me to the '17 R250. I had them drill it out for Di2. It took about a month to come in but it was well worth it. And they were amazing to work with, very friendly and fast responses.
Old 09-28-17, 01:09 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by matt92037
They should pair that frame with a Pro #5. I am actually trading in an R265 and ordering the exact same config as you in the R250. I will be using my existing Pro #5 fork which is 15mm TA.
I just got off the phone with Lynskey. They came out with their 2018 R260, which is the evolution of the R250 but with wider chainstays that they claim will support up to 32C tires, whereas the R250 only supported up to 28C tires.

The guy split the difference between what I paid and what I would have paid if I'd been able to order the R260 to begin with, and changed my order from the 250 to the 260. I really wanted the wider chainstays so I could ride with wider tires, so it was worth the extra $300 to me, and since they hadn't shipped my order yet it was pretty easy for them to make the change. I suppose it's going to set back my order another week or so, but he said they already had some R260 frames built up, so it's just a matter of swapping over all my components, assuming they'd already built my 250 order.

The R260 will ship with the Lynskey carbon GR fork (for their gravel bike) rather than the Lynskey Pro Carbon #5 road fork. The road fork he told me was only wide enough for 25C tires, whereas the gravel fork will be much wider, since gravel bikes commonly use wider tires (35C?).

I'm a big guy at 6'2" and currently up at 290 lbs, working to get back down to what for me is a very slim 240lbs or so (I used to be 380lbs back in 2009, so 240lbs for me is actually really, really good shape). I'm currently riding a 28mm Continental Grand Prix 4000IIs in back (inflates to 31mm on my rim) and a GP4K 25mm in front (inflates to 28mm) as those are the largest tires my current bike will fit, and it only barely fits them with like a mm to spare in the rear and less than a mm to spare on the fork.

The R260 will allow me to put the GP4K 28mm on both front and rear, or if I want I can even go 32mm both fore and aft for greater comfort. Being a big guy riding a wider tire at lower pressure is great both for my own comfort and also for the durability of the bike, since it means a lot less vibration and shock from road bumps, potholes, etc. being sent through the frame.

Anyhow, we'll see how it is when the R260 shows up. I'm pretty stoked about it.
Old 09-28-17, 04:09 PM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
we need more pictures in this thread

Congrats on the r260!!
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 09-28-17, 06:18 PM
matt92037

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Lynskey may be a little off on tire capacity of the Pro 5. I ride a Pro 5 fork on my R265 with 28mm Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tires. The 28's inflate a good deal larger than 28mm on my wide carbon rims and there is still a little (not a lot) room to spare with my fork.

Interesting thing about the R260 vs. the R250 is the change in stack height. The R260 seems to have similar stack numbers as the 2017 R265 which is fine with me.

Oh yeah, many pics to follow once I get mine!!!

Originally Posted by SethAZ
I just got off the phone with Lynskey. They came out with their 2018 R260, which is the evolution of the R250 but with wider chainstays that they claim will support up to 32C tires, whereas the R250 only supported up to 28C tires.

The guy split the difference between what I paid and what I would have paid if I'd been able to order the R260 to begin with, and changed my order from the 250 to the 260. I really wanted the wider chainstays so I could ride with wider tires, so it was worth the extra $300 to me, and since they hadn't shipped my order yet it was pretty easy for them to make the change. I suppose it's going to set back my order another week or so, but he said they already had some R260 frames built up, so it's just a matter of swapping over all my components, assuming they'd already built my 250 order.

The R260 will ship with the Lynskey carbon GR fork (for their gravel bike) rather than the Lynskey Pro Carbon #5 road fork. The road fork he told me was only wide enough for 25C tires, whereas the gravel fork will be much wider, since gravel bikes commonly use wider tires (35C?).

I'm a big guy at 6'2" and currently up at 290 lbs, working to get back down to what for me is a very slim 240lbs or so (I used to be 380lbs back in 2009, so 240lbs for me is actually really, really good shape). I'm currently riding a 28mm Continental Grand Prix 4000IIs in back (inflates to 31mm on my rim) and a GP4K 25mm in front (inflates to 28mm) as those are the largest tires my current bike will fit, and it only barely fits them with like a mm to spare in the rear and less than a mm to spare on the fork.

The R260 will allow me to put the GP4K 28mm on both front and rear, or if I want I can even go 32mm both fore and aft for greater comfort. Being a big guy riding a wider tire at lower pressure is great both for my own comfort and also for the durability of the bike, since it means a lot less vibration and shock from road bumps, potholes, etc. being sent through the frame.

Anyhow, we'll see how it is when the R260 shows up. I'm pretty stoked about it.
Old 09-29-17, 01:26 PM
SethAZ 

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Brooks B-17 saddle. The intent is for this to go on the Lynskey, as one of my goals with this bike is to make it comfortable for very long rides. I rode my current Trek 2100 (from 2003) in a 106-mile century a few months before I stopped riding (due to a military deployment, and then just didn't start again for two years after I got back). Being a big guy on a long ride, that saddle just sucked by the 2/3 mark or so of that ride, and it just went downhill from there. I've never ridden a Brooks before now, and I've got 100 miles on it right now since I put it on the Trek a few days ago. As soon as the Lynskey arrives I'll ride it once with the stock saddle just to give me something to compare to, then the Brooks is going on it. The Brooks is already noticeably more comfortable after 100 miles than it was on that first ride, where it felt like I was sitting on an awkward hunk of granite. I would say that overall the Brooks is more comfortable in general than my previous saddle, though it still can be uncomfortable in certain positions, but in different ways than my former saddle. Given how it's softening up and becoming more comfortable with each ride, I have high hopes that it will just "disappear" and become something I barely even notice during a ride, as many people reported in stuff I read online before buying it.

The Brooks doesn't mount as far back on the seatpost as my original saddle, though, so I'm noticeably forward on the bike compared to what I'm used to, and I don't like it. I called up Lynskey and had them add the offset version of their titanium seatpost to my order, so presumably I'll be able to use the Brooks and have my saddle in a correct fit location.

I have two Contintental Grand Prix 4000IIs 28mm tires that I ordered specifically for the new bike as well, but I couldn't wait, and put them on my Trek. The rear fit with minimal space left over. I thought the front originally fit, but I kept having to let air out to keep it from rubbing the fork at the top, so I finally put the 25mm GP4K back on there. I noticed a difference in comfort with these tires, and I definitely noticed putting the 25mm back on the front after having the 28mm on there (with difficulty) for several rides. These tires should fit on the R260 just fine. After reading a lot, I ordered a pair of Compass Stampede Pass 32mm ultralight tires. Presumably this new bike will fit them, and provide a plush, comfortable, and fast ride.

Now it's just a waiting game. I've already waited for 7 weeks since ordering the R250, and changing the order to the 260 will certainly set it back at least a little. I hope it's not too much longer.

My Trek has the handlebars quite far below the saddle, in a more aggressive position. Being a big guy, I accordingly spend about 60-70% of my rides with my hands on the top cross bars, and 30-40% riding the hoods. I almost never go down into the drops. I'm hoping that with the more comfortable geometry of the R260 compared to my Trek that I'll be able to spend more time in the drops for similar angles and body positioning as I currently get riding the hoods, and that when I ride the hoods or the tops of the new bike it will be even more comfortable. At my age and size there's zero chance I'll ever be a racer, so my goal is to have a bike that I'm comfortable riding over very long distances, and to still be performant enough that I can hang with the A group of the local group I rode with up to 2014, as I've done so far with my Trek. I think the longest rides we did with that group were about 50-55 miles. I'd like to do more centuries, and build up enough endurance to attempt some 200k and then 300k randoneuring brevets.

Anyhow, when the R260 comes I'll take photos of it for you guys in its stock configuration, and then more when I put on the Brooks saddle, offset Ti seatpost, and the 32mm Compass Stampede Pass tires with their tan sidewalls. It should be a cool bike, and I'm getting excited now that I know it's got to be coming soon.
Old 09-30-17, 07:08 PM
pvillemasher

Bikes: 1989 Trek 400, 2000 Lemond Buenos Aires, 2013 GT Attack, 2017 Lynskey R250

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I ordered a medium frame complete bike 2017 R250 on 18 August, yesterday I got the eMail that it shipped.
Should be here Tuesday.
Old 10-04-17, 02:14 PM
pvillemasher

Bikes: 1989 Trek 400, 2000 Lemond Buenos Aires, 2013 GT Attack, 2017 Lynskey R250

Originally Posted by pvillemasher
I ordered a medium frame complete bike 2017 R250 on 18 August, yesterday I got the eMail that it shipped.
Should be here Tuesday.
Just came a few hours ago. Nice bike.
I started another thread asking about Lynskey, so I'll dig up that thread and follow up with info and pics there.
Old 10-06-17, 03:16 AM
SethAZ 

Originally Posted by pvillemasher
Just came a few hours ago. Nice bike.
I started another thread asking about Lynskey, so I'll dig up that thread and follow up with info and pics there.
Awesome! Mine still hasn't shown up.
Old 10-06-17, 04:41 AM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pb_Okole
I got my R240 in a month. They had to build it as they were out of stock due to their end of year sale. I ordered it on 11/3 and received it on 12/2. I will say they were pretty non-responsive once they had my money and didn't respond to any queries for updates when I emailed them.

I haven't received mine yet so I can't comment on the delivery times but I communicated with a sales rep several times before I placed my order and also a few times after they had my money. Each time, the rep responded within minutes, often in seconds. I am very happy with Lynskey's responsiveness. They had my size in stock and he thought it would take about 10-13 days to get through the buildup process and then about a week to 10 days for delivery. I ordered it on Wednesday so I'm hoping its in the queue. I'll follow up when it comes in.
Old 10-12-17, 07:33 AM
SethAZ 

So, still haven't gotten the Lynskey R260 yet (I upgraded my order from the R250 two or three weeks ago), but I did see their internal parts order for it, and I can confirm that instead of shipping their Pro Carbon #5 fork they're building it with their Lynskey Pro GR fork, which will support tires up to 45mm. While this fork does weigh about 100 grams more than the #5, I have to say I'm pretty stoked about this. With the R260 officially supporting 32mm tires in its wider chainstays, this means I won't be fettered at all to the narrower tire options that have dominated the racing-style bike scene for so long. They are also shipping it with Kenda Tendril 28mm tires that will probably be ridden exactly once, just so I have a basis for comparison when I swap in the Compass Stampede Pass 32mm tires (the Extralight version) that are sitting on my kitchen table right now, just waiting for their new host bike to show up.

My current bike, a Trek 2300 from 2003, is more limited in what it will support. I recently had a 28mm Conti GP4K on both front and rear (inflates to around 30.5mm on my current rims). They felt really great compared to the 25mm I've been running most of the time I've owned this bike. Thing is, the fit was so tight in the front that I would get some rubbing on the fork, so I had to downgrade back down to the 25mm up front. I'm really anxious to see what Jan Heine has been on about for all these years with his wider tires at lower pressures. Honestly though, I saw such a huge jump in comfort and smoother riding going from 23mm to 25mm, and then to 28mm on the rear, that I already am convinced that these 32mm ought to be the shiznit dripping from the bee's knees to the sound of the cat's meow.
Old 10-13-17, 06:01 AM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So, still haven't gotten the Lynskey R260 yet (I upgraded my order from the R250 two or three weeks ago), but I did see their internal parts order for it, and I can confirm that instead of shipping their Pro Carbon #5 fork they're building it with their Lynskey Pro GR fork, which will support tires up to 45mm. While this fork does weigh about 100 grams more than the #5, I have to say I'm pretty stoked about this. With the R260 officially supporting 32mm tires in its wider chainstays, this means I won't be fettered at all to the narrower tire options that have dominated the racing-style bike scene for so long. They are also shipping it with Kenda Tendril 28mm tires that will probably be ridden exactly once, just so I have a basis for comparison when I swap in the Compass Stampede Pass 32mm tires (the Extralight version) that are sitting on my kitchen table right now, just waiting for their new host bike to show up.

My current bike, a Trek 2300 from 2003, is more limited in what it will support. I recently had a 28mm Conti GP4K on both front and rear (inflates to around 30.5mm on my current rims). They felt really great compared to the 25mm I've been running most of the time I've owned this bike. Thing is, the fit was so tight in the front that I would get some rubbing on the fork, so I had to downgrade back down to the 25mm up front. I'm really anxious to see what Jan Heine has been on about for all these years with his wider tires at lower pressures. Honestly though, I saw such a huge jump in comfort and smoother riding going from 23mm to 25mm, and then to 28mm on the rear, that I already am convinced that these 32mm ought to be the shiznit dripping from the bee's knees to the sound of the cat's meow.
Curious how you saw the internal parts order(?) I ordered a complete R260 disc on 10/4. Received a message a couple of days ago that status has changed from "in production" to "awaiting fulfillment". Not sure if that is good or bad. Asked Lynskey by email and was told there is no difference.

I am riding my current trek with 28c on the front and 25 on the back. 28 fit great on the front so I bought another for the back and it rubs when standing on hills just enough to be annoying so I switched back to 25 on the back. Dual 28s felt smooth as silk on the flats so I ordered the Lynskey with the 28 kendas.
Old 10-13-17, 07:57 AM
SethAZ 

Originally Posted by gettingold
Curious how you saw the internal parts order(?) I ordered a complete R260 disc on 10/4. Received a message a couple of days ago that status has changed from "in production" to "awaiting fulfillment". Not sure if that is good or bad. Asked Lynskey by email and was told there is no difference.

I am riding my current trek with 28c on the front and 25 on the back. 28 fit great on the front so I bought another for the back and it rubs when standing on hills just enough to be annoying so I switched back to 25 on the back. Dual 28s felt smooth as silk on the flats so I ordered the Lynskey with the 28 kendas.
My order also changed from "in production" to "awaiting fulfillment" a couple of days ago. I also got an update from them saying they expect it to ship within 7 to 10 days.

The internal parts order was shown to me due to some back and forth with them over changes I'd made to the order over preceeding weeks, and nothing having been updated in my order status when I log in there. I'd originally ordered the R250, then changed it to the R260 like 5 or 6 weeks into waiting after a discussion with them on what tires each of those models would support. The R260's carbon disc gravel fork will support wider tires than the R250's carbon disc road fork, and the R260's chainstays are wider and officially support 32C tires while the R250 officially only supports 28C. My order still says (and even now still says ) R250 in my online account. Also I'd added the Lynskey titanium seatpost with setback to my order, and it hadn't shown up on my online account either. The guy there (Alex) sent me a jpeg of the internal parts order as a way of confirming to me that whatever the online order was showing me, internally they were building and including everything that had been agreed to over the phone with them.

Btw, in conversation with them I've gleaned some details on how their order fulfillment works, and it could use some improvement, though there a small enough company that they get by with the system they have. For example, if you make an order over the web and submit it then someone there will take your order, with your specified upgrades, and generate an internal parts order containing literally every single part or group that the guys in the shop must put on your bike. They specify the frame, the groupset, the seatpost, the seat, the bar tape, the wheelset (with any options like thru axle or whatever), the specific fork that belongs with that model of frame, etc. It's all spelled out so the guys in the shop build the bike you ordered.

If they were a larger company that could spend more on their IT and web presence they could make a system where the internal parts order were automatically generated from what you submit on their web page, without a human in the middle having to "translate" from the order system to the build ticket queue or whatever. This isn't meant a as a criticism, because for their size their system works well enough. Still, it's interesting to see that what they are building for me really is everything I want, including the changes I made after the original order, and yet the "order" that I see when I check my order status is still what I originally ordered, unchanged.

Assuming that updated shipping prediction was accurate, and that it was given several days ago, I'm hoping (expecting?) to actually have my bike within the next two weeks.

I ordered on Aug. 7, so this is going to be nearly three months by the time I get it, but I caused at least some delay in that time by changing what frame I wanted like 6 weeks into waiting. They were originally going to have to build the frame I wanted, since although it was listed as a "2017 close out" sale they didn't already have that frame in stock. It's possible that they'd already built my frame and just hadn't finished the bike and shipped it when I changed to the R260, so I really appreciate their flexibility in changing my order so late in the process. That said, they do offer an unconditional satisfaction money back guarantee or whatever, so I could have just received the original bike and then sent it back, which would have just cost both of us more money and time. It was far better for them to just change the order and start over before shipping anything.

Last edited by SethAZ; 10-13-17 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-13-17, 08:00 AM
SethAZ 

Kind of funny that you're able to run larger in front than in the rear. It's the opposite for me. Yeah, the 28s feel a lot better, and for me being such a heavy guy it's fortunate that my 28mm tire is in the rear, since that's the one taking most of the weight, and putting the most vibration up into my seat. I currently run the 28mm rear and 25mm front at nearly the same pressure. When I had 25s fore and aft I ran the front lower, and with the larger tire in the rear now I can run them nearly the same (I think I still have the rear like 5 psi higher, but it's close).
Old 10-13-17, 08:08 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Kind of funny that you're able to run larger in front than in the rear. It's the opposite for me. Yeah, the 28s feel a lot better, and for me being such a heavy guy it's fortunate that my 28mm tire is in the rear, since that's the one taking most of the weight, and putting the most vibration up into my seat. I currently run the 28mm rear and 25mm front at nearly the same pressure. When I had 25s fore and aft I ran the front lower, and with the larger tire in the rear now I can run them nearly the same (I think I still have the rear like 5 psi higher, but it's close).
I'm only 145 pounds so maybe that's the difference. Or, it could be my massive power, haha.

My front doesn't rub at all but there might be slightly more clearance. There's only about 1mm clearance in the rear running 28's with my older (2007) Ultegra brakes.
Old 10-13-17, 08:15 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My order also changed from "in production" to "awaiting fulfillment" a couple of days ago. I also got an update from them saying they expect it to ship within 7 to 10 days.

The internal parts order was shown to me due to some back and forth with them over changes I'd made to the order over preceeding weeks, and nothing having been updated in my order status when I log in there. I'd originally ordered the R250, then changed it to the R260 like 5 or 6 weeks into waiting after a discussion with them on what tires each of those models would support. The R260's carbon disc gravel fork will support wider tires than the R250's carbon disc road fork, and the R260's chainstays are wider and officially support 32C tires while the R250 officially only supports 28C. My order still says (and even now still says ) R250 in my online account. Also I'd added the Lynskey titanium seatpost with setback to my order, and it hadn't shown up on my online account either. The guy there (Alex) sent me a jpeg of the internal parts order as a way of confirming to me that whatever the online order was showing me, internally they were building and including everything that had been agreed to over the phone with them.

Btw, in conversation with them I've gleaned some details on how their order fulfillment works, and it could use some improvement, though there a small enough company that they get by with the system they have. For example, if you make an order over the web and submit it then someone there will take your order, with your specified upgrades, and generate an internal parts order containing literally every single part or group that the guys in the shop must put on your bike. They specify the frame, the groupset, the seatpost, the seat, the bar tape, the wheelset (with any options like thru axle or whatever), the specific fork that belongs with that model of frame, etc. It's all spelled out so the guys in the shop build the bike you ordered.

If they were a larger company that could spend more on their IT and web presence they could make a system where the internal parts order were automatically generated from what you submit on their web page, without a human in the middle having to "translate" from the order system to the build ticket queue or whatever. This isn't meant a as a criticism, because for their size their system works well enough. Still, it's interesting to see that what they are building for me really is everything I want, including the changes I made after the original order, and yet the "order" that I see when I check my order status is still what I originally ordered, unchanged.

Assuming that updated shipping prediction was accurate, and that it was given several days ago, I'm hoping (expecting?) to actually have my bike within the next two weeks....
Great information thanks. I started out looking at the Sportive and then the R250 but by the time I pulled the trigger, the 2017 R250s were gone but the R260 disc caught my eye.

My pedals and a new Brooks C-15 have arrived, so I'm getting anxious for the bike now (even thought its only been a week and a half)!
Old 10-13-17, 08:36 AM
matt92037

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
I received the “awaiting fulfillment” email on the 11th. I am hoping to get mine before the end of the month if I am lucky.

Got a rs805 flat mount caliper in the mail this week, now just waiting for the frame and Ergon CF3 I ordered from Germany. With tubeless 28’s and the CF3 that bike is going to ride incredibly smooth.
Old 10-13-17, 08:36 AM
SethAZ 

Well I'm currently around 285lbs and the last couple of weeks have been laying down like 200+ miles/week on my 2003 Trek. I'm nearing 10,000 miles recorded in Strava since I started using it. I'm losing weight pretty quickly since I started riding again, so I expect to be down in the 260s soon, and if all goes well my goal is to be in the 240s tops. I'll probably never see lower than that. I was 380 at my max weight, and once you've been that fat, your body just has a hard time ever being truly thin. Also, I'm over 6'2" and with a frame that carries my weight well. When I hit 240 most people wouldn't think I was over 200. Still, I put a lot of stress on my bikes.

I think being able to ride these 32mm Compass tires will be good not just for me but for the bike, too. Anything that the tires can absorb the bike won't have to. I've got some grade A ****ty roads near me that are often part of my riding routes, and I'll tell you there was a massive difference going from 23s to 25s, and then again when I put the 28mm on the rear. Oh, and tire model too - the Gatorskins (hateful tires...) at 25mm really measure out to 25mm, but the Grand Prix 4000s at 25mm actually inflate to 28mm on my bike, which makes them even better than just the difference in casing suppleness. The 28mm GP4K on the rear inflates to like 30.5mm, which is very noticeable compared to anything at 25mm.

I was riding with my brother in law, who spent a ton on his bike and is riding around on 25mm gatorskins pumped up to like 110psi. I've tried to gently persuade him to try 25mm or 28mm GP4Ks, but I get the feeling he doesn't really like being told anything by anyone else, as if that's an attack on his manly knowledge and experience. He said "I like running my tires at 110psi." Well, I would bet money he likes it only because he heard from some racers on 23mm that that's the way to go a few years ago and hasn't done much reading since then. I've read a ton, tried a ton, and I'm now firmly in the camp of wider and lower pressure being the way to go, at least within reason. The R260 with its capacity for the 32mm (at least, I'm going to bet it would fit a 35mm, but we'll see - at least the fork is rated for 45mm!) will be a massive upgrade if only for that tire capacity. The titanium ride, Di2 groupset, the more relaxed geometry (my Trek currently has the handlebars a good 3 inches or so below the seat) will just be the icing on the cake for me.

When the bike shows up and I get the 32mm Compass tires on it I'll see if my bro-in-law will swap his Look Zero pedals onto it and take it for a spin. I'm going to bet that will really get the gears in his mind turning.
Old 10-13-17, 08:40 AM
SethAZ 

I'm only 145 pounds so maybe that's the difference. Or, it could be my massive power, haha.

My front doesn't rub at all but there might be slightly more clearance. There's only about 1mm clearance in the rear running 28's with my older (2007) Ultegra brakes.
Yeah, my Trek from 2003 (9-speed Ultegra I think 6500?) only fits the 28mm in the rear if I deflate the tire, install it, then pump it back up. I can't get the brakes to open wide enough to fit it otherwise. And I've only got like 1mm to spare on either side between the tires and the chainstays. Whatever fork this bike came with actually has wear marks on the upper part of the fork where it was rubbed in my previous attempts at running 28mm tires. With the 25mm GP4K that inflates to 28mm in reality that fork is at its extreme limit for what it will fit already.

I currently weigh about as much as two of you. The larger tires at lower pressures really are my friends.
Old 10-13-17, 08:50 AM
pvillemasher

Assuming that updated shipping prediction was accurate, and that it was given several days ago, I'm hoping (expecting?) to actually have my bike within the next two weeks.
FWIW I asked for an update and got a reply from Alex that I should receive in about 2 weeks, and that was pretty much spot on. Fingers crossed
Old 10-13-17, 08:54 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Enjoy!
Old 11-06-17, 03:23 PM
SethAZ 

Ok, it's been weeks since I last posted to this thread, because after weeks I still don't have the bike.

However, I did just get a tracking number from Lynskey, and the R260 will be at my house on Friday. Yay!

So, as far as delivery times for Lynskey orders, my order is not exactly a normal order, and therefor it will be off.

That being said, I originally ordered a 2017 R250 on August 7, so three months ago tomorrow. About six weeks into waiting on the order, while discussing tire clearance on the R250 with the guy from Lynskey on the phone, I changed my order to the updated R260 model, which is the refresh of this line for 2018. That essentially restarted the clock on the order, since they didn't have the frame in stock, at least in my size, and would have to build it.

I was told last week that my bike was nearly ready to ship, and that apparently it was the fork that held up my order. They said they had a shipment of the gravel forks get sort of lost en route from their overseas fork manufacturer (Lynskey doesn't manufacture their own carbon forks, which isn't surprising). The lost shipment eventually turned up, but by then they had a backlog of orders where that fork was specified that they had to work through.

So, the R260 will be here Friday. I'm pretty stoked. I'll build it up and take it out for a spin on Friday, so help me God, even if it's at night. That's why Jesus invented the LED light.

Funny thing is that I've ridden something like 1230 miles on my old bike while waiting for this new one, and my wife was starting to get antsy and ask me to remind her why I actually need a new bike. Not good.
Old 11-06-17, 04:33 PM
pvillemasher

I ordered my R250 18 Aug and got it on 4 Oct, so just under 7 weeks.
Well worth the wait
Old 11-07-17, 07:10 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ordered October 4 and delivered November 3. There was a bit of delay at the factory waiting for a wheel delivery. Still, very reasonable.
Old 11-07-17, 07:15 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Funny thing is that I've ridden something like 1230 miles on my old bike while waiting for this new one, and my wife was starting to get antsy and ask me to remind her why I actually need a new bike. Not good.
Same here. Amazing what anticipation of a new bike does to you mentally. My riding had grown a bit stale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.