Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Flyte SRS-3s on ebay even cheaper! (99.99)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Flyte SRS-3s on ebay even cheaper! (99.99)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 10:31 PM
blandin
if x=byh then x+1=byn

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good for your Dial Tone. It's always nice to get just what you were looking for. Funny thing is, I thought it was great that my fork came without decals, as I like the more subtle look. Just goes to show you that everyone likes something just a little different.
'03 Specialized Allez Pro - DA 10 speed .'04 Scattante CFR Limited - DA 9 speed
'05 KHS Flite 2000 - Ultegra 9 speed -... '06 Flyte SRS-3 - DA 9 speed-------
'05 Serotta Fierte - Utegra 10 speed--..-'07 Pedal Force RS - SRAM Force
Old 10-09-06, 10:33 PM
BikeWise1
30 YR Wrench

Bikes: Waterford R-33, Madone 6.5, Trek 520

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Namenda
Working conditions may be poor, possibly even deplorable. I have no firsthand knowledge. What I do know, is that they are employed and earning a wage. If these folks weren't making bike frames, they might not have a job at all. Which do you think the workers would prefer?
Once again I refer to what one the most informed and conscientious companies in the bike business has to say about the subject.

We as consumers have choices. Let's make good ones.
Old 10-10-06, 12:40 PM
Senses3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
this is a noob question but i just found a look fork for $145 on ebay but the rake is 45mm and it is non integrated. does anyone know if this will fit my flyte frame (with a 43mm rake)?

heres the link, there's 9 avaliable!
https://cgi.ebay.com/Look-HSC3-Carbon...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-10-06, 12:43 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Senses3 - the Flyte frame looks best with an integrated fork. I picked up the Ouzo Pro integrated model. The LOOK fork will 'work' but it won't look quite right.
Old 10-10-06, 01:37 PM
Senses3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Senses3 - the Flyte frame looks best with an integrated fork. I picked up the Ouzo Pro integrated model. The LOOK fork will 'work' but it won't look quite right.
thanks very much. i hope someone gets to get that look fork. that's such a good deal.
Old 10-10-06, 02:48 PM
Dubbayoo

Bikes: Pedal Force QS3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Senses3
this is a noob question but i just found a look fork for $145 on ebay but the rake is 45mm and it is non integrated. does anyone know if this will fit my flyte frame (with a 43mm rake)?

heres the link, there's 9 avaliable!
https://cgi.ebay.com/Look-HSC3-Carbon...QQcmdZViewItem
Why not get the Flyte fork? It weighs the same, costs the same and you know it will work; slightly less rake.
Old 10-10-06, 07:42 PM
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question to all flyte buyers...Did your frame come with a headset?

They are offering me a headset, and I have been told by phantomcow that it came with it, but flyte seems to be saying otherwise

Thanks
Old 10-10-06, 07:47 PM
phantomcow2
la vache fantτme

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks like you will have to buy the headset, it will be cheapest to go through them. If you look the auction that I won, it does include the headset:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270021985933
Old 10-10-06, 07:47 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Some of the early auctions included the headset, most of the later ones do NOT. I had to buy the headset seperately. Get the deal from Flyte for the headset, it's by far the best price out there unless you get lucky on ebay.
Old 10-10-06, 07:48 PM
blandin
if x=byh then x+1=byn

Bikes: See signature

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
They had several didn't flavors of auctions, and it depends on when you bought. I think I got the best deal they ever offered, with the frame, fork, headset, handlebars, stem, seatpost and seatpost collar for $299 delivered. Most of the auctions I've seen since then did not include the headset.
'03 Specialized Allez Pro - DA 10 speed .'04 Scattante CFR Limited - DA 9 speed
'05 KHS Flite 2000 - Ultegra 9 speed -... '06 Flyte SRS-3 - DA 9 speed-------
'05 Serotta Fierte - Utegra 10 speed--..-'07 Pedal Force RS - SRAM Force
Old 10-10-06, 07:52 PM
Dubbayoo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mine didn't include the headset but I am buying that and the fork. They should price a few that include fork and headset at $250, $20 less than taking their deal afterwards.
Old 10-10-06, 07:54 PM
phantomcow2
la vache fantτme

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What are they asking for the headset anyways? 30 or 35?
Old 10-10-06, 07:56 PM
Dubbayoo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
$140 for the fork, which now includes decals
$30 for the headset

I might even get the cables and housing; I need some anyway if I move my groupp over.
Old 10-10-06, 08:45 PM
Senses3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dial_tone
Why not get the Flyte fork? It weighs the same, costs the same and you know it will work; slightly less rake.
eh, since i can't get the look i'm going with that reynolds for $90.
Old 10-10-06, 10:03 PM
bikerboyd
noob at large?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well I finally stopped ordering parts. I wish I had stopped sooner..

Anyway, parts should start arriving later this week so I'll post pics of the build/bike when it all comes together.
Old 10-10-06, 10:43 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Got my frame today. First impressions - well packaged and exactly what I expected.

I weighed what I got (because I don't have parts to start building...and I had to do something) and here's what I have (approx weights - I only have a crappy scale):

Frame size 52 with seat collar: 3lb 7 oz (1.59kg)
Bars: 280g
Stem: 150g
Seatpost: 250g

Old 10-11-06, 12:01 AM
Remy

Bikes: De Rosa Corum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I just saw this Flyte fork on eBay https://cgi.ebay.com/Flyte-Carbon-For...QQcmdZViewItem but there is no buy it now price.
Old 10-11-06, 07:03 AM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Got my frame today. First impressions - well packaged and exactly what I expected.

I weighed what I got (because I don't have parts to start building...and I had to do something) and here's what I have (approx weights - I only have a crappy scale):

Frame size 52 with seat collar: 3lb 7 oz (1.59kg)
Bars: 280g
Stem: 150g
Seatpost: 250g
Thanks for the actual weights on the extra parts. Now if I decide to replace anything I know what base weight to beat. The only thing I see maybe changing is the bars. Never been a big fan of the double egro bend that they have, but haven't used them much yet so I'll at least give them a chance.
Old 10-11-06, 07:07 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k
Thanks for the actual weights on the extra parts. Now if I decide to replace anything I know what base weight to beat. The only thing I see maybe changing is the bars. Never been a big fan of the double egro bend that they have, but haven't used them much yet so I'll at least give them a chance.
Yeah...after weighing I decided to swap the bars for a set of Easton EA50s that I had laying around. I agree about the double ergo-bend.

Old 10-11-06, 07:31 AM
djand

Bikes: 2006 Trek 1200, 2007 Specialized HardRock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k
djand - congrats on the new build. I just purchased the Ouzo Pro fork for my Flyte build this morning. My frame is sitting in my study begging me to build it up NOW, but I have to hold off a bit. Looking forward to seeing more Flyte pics with Ouzo forks.
Speaking of pictures, do you have any of your frame? I'm really anxious for delivery too.
Old 10-11-06, 07:48 AM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Originally Posted by djand
Speaking of pictures, do you have any of your frame? I'm really anxious for delivery too.
Ask and you shall recieve:

https://thecuda.com/flyteSRS3.asp

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=234046
Old 10-11-06, 01:54 PM
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmmm

So the frame was shipped today along with a headset and a pair of socks (hey, they were 5 bucks and they were kinda cool)

Now I need to think about what the hell im going to do with the frame. I thought about building it up, but then I still have my bianchi brava. And at the same time I ahve plans to buy my next bike next year and spending a good 1500 I have saved up. Im still thinking about the fixer option. I was eyeing this hub by white industries:
which is what sheldon reccomends as the smartest solution but it is 160$ in its self, I would then ahve to buy the spokes and rims for both wheels. Then well build them, which I haven't actually done yet...

So i guess any input would be appreciated...
Old 10-11-06, 02:39 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

hi565 - a wheel build with those would run you about $350-400 most likely depending on the rims. Personally, if I wanted to build a beater, I'd get a set of Ultegra/OP wheels for $200 and try to find a used Shimano 105 group on ebay for $250. Or a set of Campy Ventos wheels for $220 and a Campy Mirage group. getting uber wheels for a budget build busts the budget right off the bat. You can always sell off the Flyte and parts down the road if you have another long term build goal.
Old 10-11-06, 02:46 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
I can tell you from personal experience (see my sig) that building a fixed conversion is not cheap. It really is about the same money/time as making a track bike, the only difference is that you might be able to use an old beater frame in the interim period. If you love riding fixed, you will want a true track frame anyways and then you will be left with an extra frame. Not a big deal if it is a beater I suppose, but this Flyte is nice and can be a great road bike. I made my extra frame into a SS but it is just an extra pony in the stable and I could do without it.
Old 10-11-06, 02:55 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
I bought a 56 for 99 bucks, I got the Reynolds Ouzo pro integrated 43mm fork and the Cane Creek headset, and one Pro2 Race tire along with the "free" handlebars, seatpost, seatpost collar, and stem. I picked the bike up so I saved the delivery charge. I got a great price on the fork is all I'll say.
I've been eager to build it up and ride it and today I made great strides.
Here's what I've got so far: https://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...gAnch=imgAnch1
I didn't apply the handlebar tape yet since I'm planning on ordering a Shimano Flightdeck computer.
I rode it today as-is for about an hour. The headwinds from the south are gusting today. This is my first bike ever with STI, honestly I wasn't entirely comfortable with the shifting, I kind of miss my downtube shift levers. I'm having some weird grinding sounds coming from the Wipperman Connex 9X1 stainless chain that I'm using. My fear was that the bike would feel too small since I'm nearly 6 '1" but that first ride felt pretty good, I was nice and stretched out and the 11 cm stem turned up feels about right. I used 3 10mm carbon spacers before mounting the stem. International Pro Bike Shop sawed off the carbon steerer and set it up for me for $20 + $5 each for the spacers. I've never ridden a carbon fiber fork, and never ridden more than a 7 speed cluster in the rear. I'll probably post an update. My cycling just got MUCH more interesting .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.