Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Brompton 2s clicking

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Brompton 2s clicking

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-21, 04:24 PM
mattscq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Brompton 2s clicking

Hello,

I have a 2 speed brompton I haven’t used in awhile but I recently replaced the chain. I matched the chain links by counting them so I’m pretty sure the chain length is correct.

It’s worked pretty well so far except now I have this issue where I hear a loud click and a slight kick back whenever I’m in the high gear and pushing down on the pedals a bit harder. This doesn’t happen in my low gear. What should I begin to check to diagnose this issue?

Thanks
Old 06-19-21, 05:24 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 278 Posts
Hold the bicycle up and pedal the crank backwards . Observe the chin as it passes through the pulley wheels at the derailleur. If you have a tight link, you will see it as it passes through this area.
Old 06-19-21, 08:54 PM
mattscq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
I didn’t notice anything off when I examined the chain passing through. I topped off the lube and will try again.