Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Old 08-24-18, 05:40 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany, 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another "super-fast" ride on the Litespeed today. Super-fast translates as "much faster than usual for an old guy like me." Did 25.5 miles before the heat forced me to throw in the towel.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 09-01-18 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-28-18, 04:17 PM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Despite the heat I decided to HTFU today.
No breakfast. Rode south to Inverness and the turned around and headed to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail. Had a snack and then headed back to Hernando. With no breakfast I was runny low on energy about 5 miles from the end of the ride but I made it back. Rode 32 miles.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 08-31-18, 02:40 PM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another warm start — 75F and 90% humidity when I left home at 7AM. Took the Litespeed out and rode south a bit from Hernando. Then headed north and stopped at the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail for a snack. Then rode back to Hernando for a total of 26 miles. Saw Bruce (@DowneasTTer) and his wife a few miles north of Hernando. They came back from Canada earlier than I expected. They said the local folks up there thought it was "hot" but they said it was very pleasant.

Old 09-01-18, 10:14 AM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did an easy 22 mile ride today on the Withlacoochee Trail. Getting ready for my stress test on Tuesday. I have one every 18-24 months depending on what my cardio doc think of my current heart health.

Old 09-03-18, 11:49 AM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took the Lynskey out early today. Tomorrow I have a stress test. First one in about 1-1/2 years. No matter how hard or fast I rode today I couldn't get my heart rate over 120. Wonder how I'll do tomorrow?

Old 09-10-18, 12:00 PM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did my usual Hernando to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back. Stopped at the Citrus Springs trailhead to refill my bottles. While I was there a gentleman who was breathing hard stopped to catch is breath. He said he just got his Giant hybrid about a month ago from Blue Run Bicycles in Dunnellon. He said he has COPD and has worked up to 15 miles. Reminded me to get out of my rut and increase my mileage. Since cooler temps are around the corner I guess I'll have to start ridding from home so I get more miles and a few small hills.

Old 09-17-18, 04:49 PM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took the Litrspeed out early today before the temps got too hot. Did my usual ride on the Withlacoochee Trail.

Old 09-20-18, 06:18 PM
2Young2getold
Andy

Bikes: Stolen Saint XLT 24”

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took a nice cruise during sunset when the “feels like” temprature dropped below 100 degrees. Realized I didnt have my lights and decided to head back home. I never realized how liberating a simple bike ride could be, I probably over spent on the bike (buyers remorse) but still love it all the same!! Cheers
Old 09-24-18, 03:36 PM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well the "B n B" closed Saturday after our out-of-town friends left. They arrived Tuesday and after 3-1/2 days of entertaining, listening to their "stories", eating out, etc. we were totally whipped. After they drove away we spent all day Saturday in our recliners watching old movies and napping. We were somewhat recovered yesterday so this morning I headed out to ride. Took the Lynskey and did my usual Withlacoochee Trail ride. I was tired when I got home and am still feeling it. I guess entertaining out-of-town friends at our age is too tiring. The bad news is they're coming back in a few weeks because the house they are building (a mere 28 miles from us) will be finished and they want to stay here while they close on the house, clean the place and move their furniture in. I hope I'll have my energy back for my next ride in a day or so.

Old 09-24-18, 03:44 PM
delbiker1 

Bikes: 1991 Ochsner steel frame, 2002 Airborne Zeppelin titanium, Schwinn DBX SS aluminum, Orbea MD 40 carbon fiber

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
I did a quick 5 miles in the rain just to try the new tires I mounted, Zaffiro pro 32s.
Old 12-25-18, 11:11 AM
mrz80
Luddite

Bikes: Maruishi frameset w/Ultegra, Trek 6000, assorted other bikes for the kids

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yesterday was what I jokingly call "The Three Hills of Pinellas" route - West Bay, Sand Key, and Clearwater Causeway. The argument can be made, 'cause the whole flippin' county is flat as the proverbial pancake. Naturally I had to stop halfway 'round to fix a flat. Looks like the rim strip is torn. Need. New. Velox.
Old 02-14-19, 08:22 AM
ArmChairRider

Bikes: 630 Beach Bike Schwinn Hurricane ATB

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
Well the "B n B" closed Saturday after our out-of-town friends left.
That B n B stuff can tire anyone out. Had a few myself...hurricane refugees, PCS to Korea and just plain had to move...all that stayed here were friends of course.

It has been a while since I've been here at bikeforums.

Haven't ridden my bike in a while. I got a mod coming up that might put me back in the saddle to try it out though.

Been thinking about buying a Burgman and touring a little while I still can see and stuff.

I got a "wildlife" picture that I freeze framed off of You Tube. A couple of fellas in Florida.

"There is nothing over there, right?"

Think GEICO
Old 02-25-19, 11:24 AM
RonH
Life is good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I finally got out today now that both hand surgeries are behind me. Haven't ridden in the past 3 weeks and last period of regular riding was in mid-December. Felt good to get out. Rode 15 miles.