Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Researching to buy a decent bike for road and gravel

Northeast Connecticut | District of Columbia | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-16-19, 08:09 PM
Ryobi

Bikes: an old 1980 Nishiki Rally

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I went to LBS and the guy came up with Revolt Advanced 2 based on my needs.
He also suggested to have two set of tyres, one for road biking and one for gravel?
I am looking to buy a bike that would be so to say, my ultimate bike. I need advice as to what other bike models I should look into.
I usually make a mistake by not going for the best option and taking care of foreseeable future needs. (case in point, my camera and my target practice equipment) Don't want to make that mistake again.
If any one could advise me a structure for my research, based on their own experience, would be much appreciated.
Old 06-18-19, 06:13 PM
chiefsilverback

Bikes: Cannonade Quick 4, Cannondale F5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At that price point youíve got a lot of options, Cannondale, Specialized, Trek etc...

Personally Iím very tempted by the Topstone 105, but Iím not in the market to buy this year, so hopefully by next spring Cannondale will have moved to the new GRX groupset?