Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Lake City, Florida

Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Lake City, Florida

Old 07-25-04, 01:37 PM
netso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lake City, Florida

I will be in Lake City on July 26th. Should I bring my bike? Who should I contact? I will be there a few days.
Old 08-02-04, 10:14 AM
RWTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should definately bring your bike as there are great onroad,paved trail and even offroad opportunities in that area of the state.I have been reading up on the new "Suwanee River Bike Trail" being developed along public lands bordering the river from free promotional info from www.flausa.com and also have a map/pamphlet on the trail that shows which public lands currently have trail sections available other rail/trails in the area and which roads in the High Springs/Live Oak/White Springs etc. area are bike friendly (and most of the back roads around Lake City are and are scenic as well).The map/phamphlet is called "Upper Suwannee &Withlacoochee Rivers Boating ,Canoeing & Recreation Guide" presented by the Suwannee Canoe Outpost 1-800-428-4147 www.canoeoutpost.com.

I have toured from SoFl up to and around Gainesville and wanted to head on up to that region as well but didn't have time but am planning to do so this fall or winter.