Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How can you go fast on a df bike without aero bars?

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

How can you go fast on a df bike without aero bars?

Old 05-16-19, 09:36 PM
  #101  
Fahrenheit531 
50th Anniversary Edition
 
Fahrenheit531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 3,452

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount ('71) and Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by robnol View Post
the geometry of a time trial bike is different than a standard road bike.....i found extended time in the drops for aerodynamics to be cruel and unusual punishment....shove ur balls up to ur bellybutton for one not to mention back and arm fatigue
Rule #5 .
__________________
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera
Fahrenheit531 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 11:05 PM
  #102  
livedarklions
Je suis Snap Motomag
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 3,825

Bikes: Trek FX 3; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; "Motobecane" Fantom CX

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1907 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by robnol View Post
a sphincter says what
Hearing voices is a pretty common psych symptom, but you're the first person I have seen who hears talking sphincters. I'd suggest getting that looked at.

Otherwise, if you really need to swipe 25 year old snark from Wayne's World, it's probably time to buy a new joke book.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 11:58 PM
  #103  
robnol
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Hearing voices is a pretty common psych symptom, but you're the first person I have seen who hears talking sphincters. I'd suggest getting that looked at.

Otherwise, if you really need to swipe 25 year old snark from Wayne's World, it's probably time to buy a new joke book.
sphincters usually say that...it must be hard to see with ur head up ur,....
robnol is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 12:10 AM
  #104  
superdex
staring at the mountains
 
superdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 4,280

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship, Spesh Crux

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
not sure it's even worth saying ****.


but ****.
superdex is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 12:21 AM
  #105  
Rollfast
What happened?
 
Rollfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 7,525

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1532 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 44 Posts
Pedal faster, my son. Pedal faster. Your quest is near.
__________________

Marcia Brady rode a ROLLFAST!
Rollfast is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 04:38 AM
  #106  
livedarklions
Je suis Snap Motomag
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 3,825

Bikes: Trek FX 3; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; "Motobecane" Fantom CX

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1907 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by robnol View Post
sphincters usually say that...it must be hard to see with ur head up ur,....
You should try it, It's the ultimate aero position.

Sha-wing!!!!
livedarklions is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 07:11 AM
  #107  
Garfield Cat
Senior Member
 
Garfield Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 6,838

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Here's part of the article

What?s the difference between a triathlon bike and a TT bike?

Bike fit

In a time trial, a cyclist’s only concern is getting to the finish line as fast as possible, leaving them completely spent after an all-out effort when they get off their TT bike. A triathlete has the run to deal with afterwards, which often means a more forgiving set-up. A triathlete will generally want their forearms wider apart on the aero extensions, and bent at a slight angle at the shoulder down to the elbow. Having the seat tube on their tri bike further forward also puts less pressure on the hips and hamstrings.


The add-on accessories needed to tackle a swim/bike/run race and achieving a position that helps the triathlete to save their legs for the run are the things that ultimately set apart a triathlon bike from a time trial bike; and it goes without saying, it’s always worth getting a professional bike fit to optimise your own position if you’re looking to buy your first tri bike.
Garfield Cat is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 02:03 PM
  #108  
robnol
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat View Post
Here's part of the article

What?s the difference between a triathlon bike and a TT bike?

Bike fit

In a time trial, a cyclist’s only concern is getting to the finish line as fast as possible, leaving them completely spent after an all-out effort when they get off their TT bike. A triathlete has the run to deal with afterwards, which often means a more forgiving set-up. A triathlete will generally want their forearms wider apart on the aero extensions, and bent at a slight angle at the shoulder down to the elbow. Having the seat tube on their tri bike further forward also puts less pressure on the hips and hamstrings.


The add-on accessories needed to tackle a swim/bike/run race and achieving a position that helps the triathlete to save their legs for the run are the things that ultimately set apart a triathlon bike from a time trial bike; and it goes without saying, it’s always worth getting a professional bike fit to optimise your own position if you’re looking to buy your first tri bike.
i agree well said
robnol is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hobkirk
Training & Nutrition
20
06-08-15 08:25 AM
Artkansas
General Cycling Discussion
20
02-24-14 02:15 PM
robbyville
Road Cycling
23
10-17-13 06:53 PM
Lanceoldstrong
Northern California
26
03-12-10 05:01 PM
rogerdev
Training & Nutrition
14
02-27-10 07:09 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.