Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Help with PAS M2S vs RadRover

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-19, 04:28 PM
ibpete

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been riding a Rad Rover for about 9 months and love it. The reason I got an Ebike was to get some exercise without having a heart attack going up a hill (I'm 70).

A few months back I picked up an almost new M2S All Terrain R750. The M2S has many nice features but behaves differently from the Rad Rover.

I need some help understanding what is the norm since I only have two data points.

Here's what I have determined after extensive experimentation and troubleshooting.

The motors on the two bikes are identical (BF.RMC06 48V750W) and the controllers are both made by Lishui. Displays are different.

The Rad Rover behaves the way I like. There is no limit on the speed, as long as I am pedaling power is being applied as follows: PAS1=8%, 2=17%, 3=45%, 4=63%, 5=100%.

The M2S is programmed to cut off at preset speeds for each PAS level. I was getting zero power, even going up a hill when speed exceeded the limit for the PAS level. For PAS1 that speed is 12mph. Here's my estimate on the speed settings 1=12mph, 2=15mph, 3=18mph, 4=21mph, 5=?? (I can't pedal that fast). While each PAS level does increase the wattage PAS1 is too high. The power meters shows 30-35% at PAS1. Here's my estimate on the power settings 1=33%, 2=45%, 3=75%, 4=85%, 5=100.

Bottom line is that I'm not getting the exercise on the M2S that I get with the Rad. Also, battery life on the M2S is less due to the added power. At PAS1 I'm getting 30 miles tops vs 40+ on my Rad Rover.

I've found some programming for the Lishui controller but this is proprietary software. Whether by accident or design I believe that the Lishui has ticked the box to limit speed vs limit current.

So here are my questions:
1. Is every ebike going to be different?
2. Which is normal behavior?
3. Does anybody know how to hack the controller software?

I am very impressed with the M2S. The fact that it has hydraulic brakes, integrated tail light, includes fenders and luggage rack are major selling points. I would highly recommend this bike to anybody in the market. With one caveat...if you are wanting to get some exercise, this isn't the solution. It puts out too much power. I'd really like to keep this bike in my stable but unless I can find some fix it's going to go.

Thanks much for your time reading this long post and any advice you can offer.

Mike (ibpete)
Chula Vista, CA