Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1930 Rudge value

Old 05-27-20, 09:01 AM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 229 Posts
1930 Rudge value

The Bike Exchange has a pre war Rudge ladies Fast Sport that they have decided to sell. I reported on it a few days ago (post # 22676) .
I have no idea what something like that is worth. It must certainly be rare. From my inspection it looks like the wheels have been replaced. It is currently a single speed but might have been a 3 speed originally. It has its original decals and paint and looks like it could be buffed out and look pretty nice. The brake shoes are fossilized and need replacing and the pedal rubber is probably beyond saving. Otherwise it looks like it could be ridden .

What kind of value would you all place on this old girl. I am sure some of you would love to own this bike so what would you give for it? By the way, the seat tube decal says it was built in the Irish Free State!

Last edited by capnjonny; 05-27-20 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-30-20, 09:14 AM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
It's hard to put a value on that. The Free State existed between 1922 and 1937, so the date is right on the money. It has interesting brakes and is in very good shape fot its age. If you could find a C&V buyer who was also an Irish history buff, you'd get a good price.
Old 06-29-20, 07:53 AM
PeterLYoung 

Location: Southport, North Carolina, USA & Pevensey, East Sussex, UK

Bikes: 1)1992 Trek 970, 2)2010 Trek 6500, 3)1973 Colnago Super, 4)1955 Freddie Grubb Meteor. 5)1993 Airborne Ti-Hag Titanium. 6)1936 BSA 602DX Roadster. 7)1957 Philips P2 Sports. 8)1955 Dayton Roadmaster. 9)1948 Humber Clubman. 10) 1949 Sunbeam WA3 Wayfarer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by capnjonny
The Bike Exchange has a pre war Rudge ladies Fast Sport that they have decided to sell. I reported on it a few days ago (post # 22676) .
I have no idea what something like that is worth. It must certainly be rare. From my inspection it looks like the wheels have been replaced. It is currently a single speed but might have been a 3 speed originally. It has its original decals and paint and looks like it could be buffed out and look pretty nice. The brake shoes are fossilized and need replacing and the pedal rubber is probably beyond saving. Otherwise it looks like it could be ridden .

What kind of value would you all place on this old girl. I am sure some of you would love to own this bike so what would you give for it? By the way, the seat tube decal says it was built in the Irish Free State!

Interesting Centre Pull Brakes, Also I wonder if the wheels are Sunbeam, I have a 1949 Sunbeam with the centre of the rims in black just like your Rudge, very nice bike but would sell for around £50 -£150 in UK I think. Maybe more in USA from a rarity perspective.