Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Evolving thoughts about tire size for gravel

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Evolving thoughts about tire size for gravel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 07:33 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
I agree about adjustments, but I think it's worse than that. I'm pretty sure it locks you into a particular chainstay length, which only varies depending on where the stays attach to the bb. I don't see how to adjust the brake bosses much at all. I guess there is some room to file the braze on. If I don't like the clearance it gives me, back to plan A. Actually, plan b was to cut off the brake boss attachment and use the paragon low mount dropouts I have, which would give me more clearance, I think.
Old 05-16-20, 01:14 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
I got the stays and dropouts. The stays look good, although big from the side. Good thing I'm using 2OS tubes, they might look funny with smaller tubes. Pictures later.
Likes For unterhausen: