Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New member introduction

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New member introduction

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-19, 05:05 AM
smalley01

Bikes: Gary Fisher Marlin, 96 Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New member introduction

Hey guys my name is Mark. I’m a 40 year old dad that has just got back into biking after a long vacation. I work as a full time auto mechanic and try to ride in my spare time. Usually ride 5 miles to and from work daily (when my bike agrees) and do some light trail riding on weekends. Being a mechanic with a cheap bike I will have a lot of bike mechanical questions. I recently purchased a couple of mid level 90s mtbs and one Schwinn turd as I am on a budget. Good to be a member and hopefully I don’t get bashed too much for buying a big box turd.
Likes For smalley01:
Old 05-18-19, 07:47 AM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11393 Post(s)
Liked 4,734 Times in 2,758 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, smalley01! Once you get the hang of it, working on your bike is alright.... I'm an Auto Tech as well, and it took me a while to be comfortable working on my sleds. Here's a good place to start: https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mechanics/