Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Does QBP catalog include helmets?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-20, 09:48 AM
davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts

I want a specific helmet my LBS doesn’t carry. Just wondering if they can get through QBP or, if not, just go to REI or order online
Old 11-08-20, 10:02 AM
davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Just to answer the question, “why not just ask?”

1. I ride every day, they’re closed and if I determine today I can’t get it from them, I can place an order without waiting for Tuesday when they reopen

2. Last time I asked if they can order stuff they don’t stock they said they can get anything Kask sells. They’re great lids, I just don’t want to drop $200. I am not sure if they can get others brands and were just making a shop recommendation or what.
Old 11-08-20, 10:04 AM
samkl 

Bikes: 2004 Trek 520, resto-modded 1987 Cannondale SR400, rando-modded 1976 AD Vent Noir; 2019 Wabi Classic; 1989? Burley Duet

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 51 Posts
Yes, but not from many big brands. Just POC, Abus, and a bunch of smaller/niche brands.
Likes For samkl:
Old 11-09-20, 10:29 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
They do sell helmets and your shop can order them. A nice helmet is well worth it unless you are really crash prone and replace helmets a lot (or should replace them a lot). I love my Lazer Z1 and Ultrax which at the time was sold through QBP and is now through Shimano. The Z1 is really nice and light so I don't notice it on top of the head so much and it ventilates quite nicely. The Ultrax is certainly heavier but a fine urban and MTB helmet certainly comfortable.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 11-15-20, 09:11 PM
davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Originally Posted by veganbikes
They do sell helmets and your shop can order them. A nice helmet is well worth it unless you are really crash prone and replace helmets a lot (or should replace them a lot). I love my Lazer Z1 and Ultrax which at the time was sold through QBP and is now through Shimano. The Z1 is really nice and light so I don't notice it on top of the head so much and it ventilates quite nicely. The Ultrax is certainly heavier but a fine urban and MTB helmet certainly comfortable.
just got a black smith venture with mips, pretty excited
Old 11-15-20, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
just got a black smith venture with mips, pretty excited
I was interested in Smith when they first came out with their Koroyd stuff. I have some of their sunglasses and have a pair of their tactical clear glasses somewhere that I haven't been able to find for years that I used to ride with at night and could go to the range with as well, I wore those suckers a lot. I have never really been a sunglasses person but clear stuff for riding is good for me.
Likes For veganbikes: