Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Watt Bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-20, 07:59 AM
wafflerskillme
Bobobopobedo

Bikes: Yes Please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Watt Bike

I bought a Tacx Neo 2T a few months back..... Nothing but trouble straight out of the box. It was great when it worked properly but an expensive item that was more hassle than anything else. I returned it.

Anyway, last week I had a Heart Attack and am rightly Pi*$ed off so I've just bought a Watt Bike to cheer myself up. Hopefully I can get back to the not so dizzying heights of 1200 Watts for a few seconds thinking I'm storming a stage win on the Pro Tour.

Thanks for reading if you have, I just logged in to check my password was still active and to have a brief rant.

Keep the wheels turing.........

P.S. If your lungs keep hurting for months and you struggle to hit watt numbers you used to easily hit and you sometimes ache in the chest, don't wait until you're sweating and the pain is running up your arm, it ain't yer lungs, it's your heart ya Muppet (me)........ At that stage it was months later and I knew full well. Be more sensible....................
Likes For wafflerskillme:
Old 11-04-20, 08:23 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by wafflerskillme
I bought a Tacx Neo 2T a few months back..... Nothing but trouble straight out of the box. It was great when it worked properly but an expensive item that was more hassle than anything else. I returned it.

Anyway, last week I had a Heart Attack and am rightly Pi*$ed off so I've just bought a Watt Bike to cheer myself up. Hopefully I can get back to the not so dizzying heights of 1200 Watts for a few seconds thinking I'm storming a stage win on the Pro Tour.

Thanks for reading if you have, I just logged in to check my password was still active and to have a brief rant.

Keep the wheels turing.........

P.S. If your lungs keep hurting for months and you struggle to hit watt numbers you used to easily hit and you sometimes ache in the chest, don't wait until you're sweating and the pain is running up your arm, it ain't yer lungs, it's your heart ya Muppet (me)........ At that stage it was months later and I knew full well. Be more sensible....................
Glad you have recovered, at least to a certain degree. Not sure what a watt bike is but hope it works better than the Tacx.
Old 11-04-20, 10:24 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Hope you get back to feeling better. I smart bike is a lot less hassle than a drive drive train. I have been riding my Kickr bike and enjoying it.
Old 11-04-20, 02:16 PM
wafflerskillme
Bobobopobedo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spelger
Glad you have recovered, at least to a certain degree. Not sure what a watt bike is but hope it works better than the Tacx.
Cheers mate. A Watt Bike is pretty much bullet proof............... Keep well.
Old 11-04-20, 02:19 PM
wafflerskillme
Bobobopobedo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ed Wiser
Hope you get back to feeling better. I smart bike is a lot less hassle than a drive drive train. I have been riding my Kickr bike and enjoying it.
Thanks, yep a smart trainer is a nice piece of kit when it works allright, simulated gradients are quite realistic..... Keep safe, keep well and a very early bidding of Happy Xmas to you as i'll prob be rarely online....