Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Campa Shamal 700c to 650c

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 01-24-20, 02:48 AM
Cyclorosberg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys.
Thank you for very nice forum.

I have a project Olmo TT steel frame. It will be a full Campa build and I have Shamal Ultras from 2018. My idea was to build the front wheel to whatever 650c rim using the Shamal hub.
Of course Campa uses their own spokes hence the question: Does any other Campa spokes have the same end at the hub side, like is it possible to find shorter spokes from Campa? Maybe bora 50 or so.

Fulcrum spokes seems to be very similar, does anyone know if those fits?

And if this Shaml hub cant be built on 650c rim, any ideas of 650c wheel that looks like the Shamal Ultra? Black, radial 16 aero spokes and not too deep rim.

Thank you.
Old 01-24-20, 08:02 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1815 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Probably not a very practical plan. The spokes for Shamal wheels are very expensive, over $15 each