Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Lekker ebikes?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Lekker ebikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-20, 04:42 PM
Flatnasty

Bikes: Felt VR5, Santa Cruz Tallboy, Trek FX7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lekker ebikes?

First post here. I'm recommitting to cycling now that I traded in my 13 year old Trek 1500 for a Felt VR5. I have a short commute to work (2 miles), but it's still more of a chore than I want with my Trek FX, especially on hot days. There's a hill or two. I've been checking out ebikes, which caused my social media to start bombarding me with ads, one of which actually caught my eye. It's for a dutch(ish) bike that's gained popularity in Australia. See www.lekkerbike.com. They're promising to open a store in San Francisco sometime soon, but I can't find much information on it other than what's on its very hipster website.

The new M2 Amsterdam model checks the boxes for me: It looks like an actual bike. It can do roads and light offroad (I think). It's not an electric motorcycle. It's decently priced. The mission would be a total of 8 daily miles to work and back, including home for lunch. Plus, rides into town for groceries, hit the brewpub, etc. I'd also like to ride to the next town uphill from me occasionally.

I can't find any information on how it's charged, battery life, performance, etc. Hopefully, the San Francisco store will actually open and I can take a test ride. Others I have considered include the Orbea Gain. Anything similar? I don't want a bike that looks assembled from a Chinese parts bin, with a brick for a battery and a minibike frame. By this point, batteries should at least somewhat follow the form of the bike. Constructive input welcome.
Old 02-29-20, 08:57 PM
henrry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also don't want a bike made in China