Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Rear rack for 142mm thru axle bike

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-20, 06:35 PM
Raiden

Bikes: A little of everything

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm trying to find a rear rack for a specialized turbo x - it uses a mountain bike style 142mm rear thru axle, with thick frame tubing that puts the outer dimension of the dropout eyelets at about 170mm apart (standard bikes are closer to 150mm or so). It uses disc brakes but the caliper is in front of the dropout (inside the rear triangle), and the outside of the eyelet is outside of the brake caliper anyway. I'm a big fan of topeak racks but their descriptions are vague and I feel like I'd need to nail the size pretty close, since their racks aren't very flexible. I'm in a range fatter than typical road or touring bikes but narrower than most fatbikes. Any suggestions? Thanks!