Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello From Cutten, California!! (Humboldt Redwoods)

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 03-30-20, 08:36 PM
Cyclist30923
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Hello Everyone!

I am so glad I found this forum! I got back into cycling early 2019 after taking a few years off dealing with hip surgeries. It feels so good to be back in the saddle, and I was able to get in about 1900 miles last year. I am hoping to do 3000 this year. Are there any other members from the Redwood Empire on the forum???
Old 04-01-20, 06:36 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2503 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,568 Posts
Welcome Kratebiker! Maybe you can find some others in the Pacific Northwest subforum.

I'm a native San Diegan and back home where I'm from - but, I did live in Arcata while I was a HSU student from 2005-2010 (B.S. Chemistry). I got into cycling while I was up there.

Cutten is a very nice part of Eureka and I enjoyed passing through there on the outside of town whenever I was heading farther south. Naturally I rode mostly east or north our of Aracata and thoroughly enjoyed the Fieldbrook Loop, Trinidad/Patrick's Point, or Butler Valley/Maple Creek loop (my favorite). I miss it up there!

Welcome to bike forums!!!
Old 04-01-20, 09:29 PM
Cyclist30923
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Hi Tmonk! Thanks so much for the welcome. It sounds like you know all the good riding spots in Humboldt. I really do feel blessed to live hear. Its a great place to ride as long as the winds are not too crazy. If you are down visiting and want to do some riding, give me a heads up.

Steve
Old 04-03-20, 07:12 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 411 Times in 317 Posts
Hi!