Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Latest build.

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Latest build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-24, 02:58 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 1,297 Times in 612 Posts
Latest build.

I bought a Voo Doo Marasa frameset from the UK and just finished building it as a 1X9. Chainwheel is a 44t with a 11-36t casstte. Just took the first test ride about an hour ago and whle it felt good I haven't decuided if it's a keeper or not. I'll need some more saddle time on it, probably with a decent saddle.
If I keep it I'll ditch the kickstand and put a rear rack on it, possibly fenders.

Old 03-29-24, 04:33 PM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked 544 Times in 167 Posts
You guys will probably get tired of seeing this, but I never get tired of showing.

Old 03-30-24, 06:07 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
I bought a Voo Doo Marasa frameset from the UK and just finished building it as a 1X9. Chainwheel is a 44t with a 11-36t casstte. Just took the first test ride about an hour ago and whle it felt good I haven't decuided if it's a keeper or not. I'll need some more saddle time on it, probably with a decent saddle.
If I keep it I'll ditch the kickstand and put a rear rack on it, possibly fenders.
How do you like the WTB Cruz tires? Do they feel pretty compliant on a ride? Are yours the Comp version or the Flat Guard, with the extra protection layer?
Old 03-30-24, 07:46 AM
Murray Missile 

They're 29 X 2.0 Flat Guards, I bought them for another build but neglected to double check the distance between the chain stays at the very front and they wouldn't fit after I got them mounted. Really too nice a tire for this one, it's a just box store bike in the UK, but it had plenty of room for them and I didn't have anything else I would use them on so I fgigured WTH, why nott? I only got in a very short test ride on concrete but the initial impression is favorable. Felt very stable in some low speed tight turns and even down on pressure a bit they rolled easily. The weather is a lot nicer today so hopefully I can get a little more time in the saddle.

I initially was going to run an 11-50t cassette and a hanger extension but the Altus RD couldn'thandle it. I pulled the extension and shanged to an 11-36t and it was fine. The 36t is almost too low, the 50t would have been definite overkill.
Old 03-30-24, 03:01 PM
Murray Missile 

Got in a longer ride today, like the tires but the bike was just "ok". Decent ride but no better than some of my others and a touch too small for me. Since I'm in "N- as many as possible mode" it's going on Marketplace later today.