Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1989 Concorde Vectra

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-21, 07:43 PM
Swisher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1989 Concorde Vectra

Hi. I’d like to get some opinions as to the value of my 32 years old vintage Concorde Vectra. Except for some paint scratches, the bike is in excellent riding condition. It still rides very well and the gears shift smoothly. It has the colors of the late 80’s PDM cycling team’s bike (if I’m not mistaken, Sean Kelly won the first UCI Road World Cup Championship in 89 on a similar looking Concorde). Unfortunately, the forum won’t let me post pictures in here, but I’ve uploaded an album in the Gallery section if you’d like to see it. If somebody could add the pictures in here it would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Last edited by Swisher; 06-03-21 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-03-21, 06:40 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,378 Times in 891 Posts
pic asst.

Likes For thinktubes:
Old 06-04-21, 11:07 AM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
Lovely bike! It looks like it has survived three decades very well.

The Vectra was an entry-level bicycle from Concorde and came equipped with Shimano's Exage Sport LX groupset. I think that groupset changed its name to 500EX in the early 1990s and then morphed into Sora at some point. The frameset was made in Taiwan using Concorde's house-branded Ultech chromoly tubing.

As for value, it will depend on what local market you are in. In some markets, Concorde bicycles, especially with the PDM colour scheme, are sought after. In other markets, they are not.

In the white-hot Vancouver, British Columbia market, I think this would sell quickly for somewhere between $350 to $400 CAD ($300 to $350 USD).

Last edited by NatusEstInSuht; 06-04-21 at 12:22 PM.
Likes For NatusEstInSuht:
Old 06-04-21, 03:05 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,785 Times in 638 Posts
I would say about 350CAD only a entry level model but the condition and curb appeal are exceptional for a bike that's 30 years young.
Old 06-07-21, 01:08 PM
Swisher

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You are correct on the drivetrain components and tubing. Thank you so much for this, really appreciated..
Likes For Swisher: