Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

1989 Bianchi Strada LX For Sale

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 04:29 PM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

I have here for sale a close to mint as you're going to get 49cm 1989 Bianchi Strada LX road bike in pearl white. It's 49cm (19&1/4") measured center to top. This has a Tange steel frame and fork, 12 speed Shimano Exage gruppo, and is in outstanding condition.

The little nicks in the paint that are there had to have been from storage. I went through this entire bike because I was going to keep it and repaint it Celeste green this winter but decided to go another way. The decals I had custom made will come with this bike in case you want to change the paint color. Rebuilt the hubs, rebuilt the entire freewheel, and attempted to rebuild the absolute dead mint bottom bracket (the parkerization wasn't even worn off on the bearing journals) but the cups were overtightened a tad too much for too long and ruined it so I replaced it with a more modern sealed cartridge unit of the same width. It still had the factory tires, tubes and brakes pads from 1989 on it so I replaced all of those as well.

The factory stock seat, bar tape and brake lever hoods are in great shape and don't need to be changed at all. The cables are all factory Shimano and are as smooth as the day they were installed. (very smooth) The stock chainrings were originally black steel Shimano Biopace but I replaced them with some matching aluminum Biopace rings. It's your choice if you want me to put the original factory black steel Biopaces on there. The chain checked out on the wear gauge and the 25mm Continental tires and tubes are brand new, zero miles. The indexed shifting works flawless, Araya rims are true, and I cleaned the chain thoroughly and put on fresh Silca Synerg-E oil. This bike needs nothing and is ready for a few tours. I even have the owners manual.
I'm asking 300 dollars plus shipping.

I can ship this bike through bikeflights.com if you need, for a charge based on your zip code. I take cash and paypal only. Thank you.

Last edited by buddiiee; 07-13-23 at 04:02 PM.
Likes For buddiiee:
Old 07-12-23, 04:42 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,182 Times in 1,184 Posts
Did I miss the price?
GLWS, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 07-13-23, 07:42 AM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Woops! I copy and pasted the wrong paragraph. I updated it. Thanks!

Old 07-18-23, 02:48 PM
buddiiee 

Ttt