Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

My First Time:)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 09:16 PM
puffer33

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I have made the move, done the deed. I road alot in the 80's but just came back to the sport this year because of a bad knee. Can't walk 5k without pain but can bike 50...go figure. anyway, I was a toe strap kind of guy and the clipless thing scared the crap out of me. Took the plunge and bought a set of shimano ultegra 6700 pedals from Bike Nashbar last week thanks to a heads up from this board about a big discount. What a difference. went on a 25k ride tonite and love them. thanks all for the info.
Old 08-23-10, 09:18 PM
Velo Gator

Bikes: Cervélo S2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts