Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Reise and Muller Supercharger 2 Frame Bag

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-24, 11:24 PM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts

I appreciate that this might be a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone has fitted a frame bag to a Supercharger 2 53 cm (or smaller or larger). Either off-the-shelf or custom-made. I know one Australian rider with a Bike Bag Dude bag made for her Supercharger 2, and I could go this way. The frame bag on my Mukluk is from Bike Bag Dude, and they are well made for sure, but more than I want to spend at this time.

A half-frame bag might also meet my needs if my maths are right.
Old 04-01-24, 09:13 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4371 Post(s)
Liked 4,010 Times in 2,677 Posts
Originally Posted by Aushiker
I appreciate that this might be a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone has fitted a frame bag to a Supercharger 2 53 cm (or smaller or larger). Either off-the-shelf or custom-made. I know one Australian rider with a Bike Bag Dude bag made for her Supercharger 2, and I could go this way. The frame bag on my Mukluk is from Bike Bag Dude, and they are well made for sure, but more than I want to spend at this time.

A half-frame bag might also meet my needs if my maths are right.
I haven't yet and probably won't though I do love bags but with the front rondo bag and then trunk bag or two massive panniers I really don't need much more storage and if I did it would need to be a trailer for big items.

I would say go to Rogue Panda but you have your own local bag maker who could do it. I am currently happy with my lock being there and then my flask cage from King Cage plus at least on mine it is where the charging port is so having to deal with that and a frame bag would not be for me.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-02-24, 01:57 AM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

I have now found a couple of other riders who have gone frame bags, one is the custom-made on, and one was from Apridura. The Apridura really was not a good fit. The more I think about and given my maths (comparing to the storage on my fat bike) I am sure I can get away with a 1/2 frame bag which would be better anyway as it allows for a water bottle or two. May an Ortlieb one or similar.
Old 04-02-24, 08:58 AM
roadfix
hello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 54 Posts
None of the several full frame bags I tried fitting on my e-bike worked so I went back to my old, Jandd partial frame bag I’ve owned for several years and it’s just about perfect, fit-wise. It has webbing on all three sides so securing around the fat top and bottom tubes were not a problem. I webbed paracord between the webbings and the tubes for a nice, tight fit. Looks pretty decent as well, actually..
Likes For roadfix:
Old 04-02-24, 03:43 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4371 Post(s)
Liked 4,010 Times in 2,677 Posts
Originally Posted by Aushiker
I have now found a couple of other riders who have gone frame bags, one is the custom-made on, and one was from Apridura. The Apridura really was not a good fit. The more I think about and given my maths (comparing to the storage on my fat bike) I am sure I can get away with a 1/2 frame bag which would be better anyway as it allows for a water bottle or two. May an Ortlieb one or similar.
A half bag is the way to go but I really like my half bag. Though mostly what it is on is stuff with water bottle cages but on the R+M I have my bottles on the side in normal cages (I only use Camelbak Podiums so I had to use regular bottle cages which was a longer bolt and some long thick washer to stand it off from the rack) and the flask cage sits pretty flat, the lock would be in the way a little too I guess.

The biggest problem with the non-custom stuff is it is designed for much much thinner tubing. So it is a tougher fit.Two big honking batteries do not offer much space. I think at one point I tried my Oveja Negra Bag and it had no chance of fitting.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-02-24, 08:46 PM
Aushiker

Originally Posted by roadfix
None of the several full frame bags I tried fitting on my e-bike worked so I went back to my old, Jandd partial frame bag I’ve owned for several years and it’s just about perfect, fit-wise. It has webbing on all three sides so securing around the fat top and bottom tubes were not a problem. I webbed paracord between the webbings and the tubes for a nice, tight fit. Looks pretty decent as well, actually..
Thanks for that feedback. This is as I suspected so the choice is down to a 1/2 frame bag or a custom. I think I will see how I go with a 1/2 frame bag first.
Old 04-03-24, 11:38 AM
roadfix
hello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 54 Posts
This is my old Jandd frame bag (still available on the “outdated” Jandd website). Just about perfect for small triangles and fat tubes.

Likes For roadfix:
Old 04-05-24, 10:41 AM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12197 Post(s)
Liked 1,497 Times in 1,109 Posts
I have a Barley saddlebag. Works great, holds a lot more than you think it could.I use a Bagman with it. You can also see them on the Carradice website.
https://carradice.co.uk/products/ori...rley-saddlebag